Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Planescape: Torment

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 12, 1999

An isometric RPG using Bioware's Infinity Engine, Planescape: Torment is set in the Planescape universe and tells the dark and provocative tale of The Nameless One, an immortal searching for his identity.

Anyone know where I can buy this game?

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Chummy8

At a decent price.

As a huge fan of the good ole isometric infinity engine rpg's, I am really dissappointed I missed out on this classic.  I remember going into game stores around 1999 and seeing this game on the shelf but never picking it up.  I'm still kicking myself for not doing it today.

I checked all the obvious sources, Steam, Interplay.com (which has a deal right now for the Fallout trilogy at $20 drm-free) Amazon.com.  I was only able to see this for sale for $50...USED.  I'd prolly spend that much on a new copy of the game box and manual included, but not for some shoddy used copy.

Any ideas where I can look for this as well?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I checked GOG.com, but they don't have it either. A real shame...Planescape: Torment was a very good game.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

You could always... "acquire it" until you find it available at a reasonable price. Try voting for it on GOG (they have a section for voting on what games they should get next).

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok
    PureRok said:
    "You could always... "acquire it" until you find it available at a reasonable price. Try voting for it on GOG (they have a section for voting on what games they should get next)."
    To follow up, I went to GOG.com's Wishlist and found that Planescape: Torment is their second highest most requested game.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Chummy8

Wow, I can't believe I was able to buy both Fallout 1 and 2 for $5 and Planescape is so damn expensive.  Damn you collectors! 

I'm just happy I still have my copy of Baldur's Gate 2 in excellent condition.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

That's one of my most wanted games, too.  I'd love to see a lot of those mid to late nineties RPG's come out on Steam or GOG.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By boj4ngles

I really hope I am not violating the forum rules but you can download cd images for this game at isohunt.com.  Just search Planescape Torment, there was a later release of the game that has only two discs, that's the one you want.  Use a torrent downloader like utorrent to put it on your pc and use a virtual cd drive to install it.

Btw, I would really encourage you to get this game.  It is my favorite game of all time.  No other rpg I have seen comes even close to delivering the unique, fleshed out world that it has.  People are always talking about how video games have the potential to be a story telling medium that can rival film or text but PT is evidence that sometimes it actually does happen.  If you are someone who doesn't enjoy reading then you might not appreciate it, as its most rewarding elements are text based interactions that are incredibly well written.  I will try to write a full review of the game soon.

Also, don't feel bad about downloading it as its out of print anyways.

Avatar image for crazycrazydoctor
    CrazyCrazyDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CrazyCrazyDoctor

I could've sworn it was on a Gametap-like service somewhere. Hmm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 1471
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 1471
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Driadon
    @1471: I also noticed the Icewind Dale collection too. Well played Interplay.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's on gog.com now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.