Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pizza Tower

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 26, 2023

Embark on a mission as Peppino Spaghetti to destroy the Pizza Tower and save your restaurant from annihilation in this tribute to the Wario Land series.

Mamma Mia, Pizza Tower is fantastico!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

I think I first saw this game around december last year when it popped up on Twitter and while I thought the visuals looked neat at a glance, I figured I’ll just wait for it to surface again some day before I’ll give it another look.

Well, that day was on January 26th when the game officially launched and if I hadn’t been busy playing the Dead Space remake the very next day, I might’ve already checked it out by then. It’s almost a crime that I didn’t, because dang, what a game.

The first thing that most people will probably notice are the cartoony visuals. Pizza Tower is like Rocko’s Modern Life or another 90’s CW/Nickelodeon show turned into a game, except more unhinged. Much like Cuphead, it’s stuffed full of unique visuals with basically every new level introducing something new for you to stare at. At times it’s almost overwhelming, but at least my brain just welcomed all the fireworks.

No Caption Provided

Fortunately the game doesn’t just stop there, but offers a very solid 2D platformer beneath it’s chaotic visuals. Apparently it’s suppose to be a spiritual successor to Wario Land, which I have no history with, but clearly should have if they’re even half as good as Pizza Tower.

It’s also not brutally difficult, which is something that I often fear when trying a new indie platformer (Blaming Super Meat Boy and Rain World on that). So far the bosses have offered the biggest challenge, but none of them have been unfair either.

TLDR: If you like 2D platformers and a soundtrack that slaps, you should really give Pizza Tower a go. I’m not sure if there’s a chance for a QL anymore, but a spot on UPF would be neat too, even though I’m not sure if it fits the current format of the show.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Broshmosh  Online

As a long-time fan of Wario Land, this game is practically made for me. Buying it on next payday.

Here it is on Noclip Crew with Danny O'Dwyer and associate.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished it. The final boss fight was pretty amazing, as was the whole game. If there'll ever be a sequel, I'm there day one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.