I'm having technical problems, and MS Support is NO HELP

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

So, I don't normally play games in the Zeitgeist- I can't afford to! But Ori is thankfully part of XB Game pass on the PC! So I've decided to jump in. However, I'm running into some real problems with it on PC.

So like...it hitches. But it isn't a normal hitch. It's like a second long pause, in which time, the audio gets completely garbled and makes this abhorrent noise. I'm very sensitive to noise, so I can't really just get by. I spoke to someone else last night who said they had the same problem in cutscenes. Maybe I have that prob, but I couldn't get through the opening cutscene, that's how much the noises upset me.

Does anyone have any ideas? My PC more than meets the specifications, and my drivers are up to date. I guess if needs be, I could rig up some sort of capture to show the problem.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Is it on an SSD? And I know you said your PC meets specs but what are your specs?

Also, this game is apparently kinda buggy for a lot of people.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is it on an SSD? And I know you said your PC meets specs but what are your specs?

Also, this game is apparently kinda buggy for a lot of people.

It's on a normal HDD. I'll attach my specs to this post

No Caption Provided

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had the exact same problem, for the moment I think you need to put this game on an SSD. I saw that this was supposed to be addressed in a patch soon but for right now putting it on SSD cleared it up completely for me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@sombre: In my experience, some recent games flat-out require an SSD, even if their system requirements don't mention it.

Also, 1066MHz is very slow for RAM these days unless I'm reading that wrong,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.