Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

no living glass and its killing me

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have lots of fun, over 130 hours, in no man's sky. I play from time to time and have stepped away for long periods waiting for updates. I don't do anything in the game generally. I build bases and farm stuff to get money than move on and start over. I have liked the updates over time and currently the game is fun to play again. Even with some of the glitches, floating building, falling through ground etc. etc. The thing that is currently driving me away from the game is one of their best new features, quests. I like the quest system and they have made it a lot easier to select and follow quests. However, one of the main quest lines wants me to build a mind arc, to do so I need living glass. The blue print for living glass you are suppose to get at the end of quest line for science terminal. There is odd glitch where me and a few other poor soles fall into, if you completed quest between two certain patches you don't have blue print. basically I finished all quests but when I did there was no living glass so I was never given this, later when they added item they put it has reward for doing a quest I already did. There appears to be no other way to get blue print currently, has my search of internet has only found me others in same position.

What pisses me off most is seeing quest and knowing there is nothing I can do about it. Like I said I normally just fly from planet to planer and look around not really doing anything specific. This drives me crazy though for some unknown reason, I can't ignore it, maybe it cause I know I should have it. Its what is currently driving me away from game, and its a shame. They are currently doing weekly events that make everyone go through portal and end up on the same planet. Its interesting to see multiple people on same planet.

If anyone knows how to get living glass blue print please let me know.

No man's sky is good game, but there are still lots of problems/glitches.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, I currently have two quest lines stuck because of this, I don't have the living glass nor the weapon terminal blueprints, which are required in order to progress in both the base building and the Artemis story lines.

I filed a bug report with a save game to HG for the weapons terminal a few weeks ago, since then there have been two patches but none which has addressed the problem.

Still enjoy the exploration in the game though, so meanwhile I just started searching for black holes in order to get to the galaxy core instead, but it's pretty frustrating, especially as the base construction quest looks like it has a check for if you have the blueprint needed, but which doesn't actually detect the issue.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I fixed two of my stucks missiosn by deleting a "base terminal" or moving terminal (for instance my science and engeering terminals) from my base on the surface of a planet to my freighter. Somehow, deleting the terminal or moving it reset the missions that were stuck. It might not work for you, but you have very little to lose.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I fixed two of my stucks missiosn by deleting a "base terminal" or moving terminal (for instance my science and engeering terminals) from my base on the surface of a planet to my freighter. Somehow, deleting the terminal or moving it reset the missions that were stuck. It might not work for you, but you have very little to lose.

I've tried resetting the quest lines several times, the game gives you the explicit option to do so if you jump through a wormhole and build a new base on the other side of it, as it finds your old objectives out of range, but even doing so doesn't give me the missing crafting recipes I need to progress.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

this has finally been fixed. I'm not sure how or when but living glass blue print glitch no longer a problem. just thought I would say that to end this thread. Still enjoy the game from time to time.

AlmightyBigD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AlmightyBigD

I know this thread is old at this point, but I walked away from this game about a year ago due to this Living Glass issue. I just picked it up again the other day and I still have the same problem. All base missions are complete, but still no Living Glass blueprint. If this has been fixed, how do I get the blueprint??

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.