Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Explorer's Edition

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dr_monocle

So, I had kind of started to lose hope in getting that Explorer's Edition of the game that got repeatedly pushed back, but I received an email yesterday from iam8bit saying that it had shipped! Lo and behold there was a package delivered early this afternoon with my long-awaited goods. I'll try to edit the pics into this later if I can, but the model has good heft to it and nice painted dirt and grime. I haven't tested the pen in space (yet!) but it writes just fine on my desk. Sticker pack and traveler's log are there (haven't opened them yet). The box itself is pretty-I really liked a lot of the art associated with this game. I can't really decide right now if it was worth the time and $150. Maybe? I'm just glad that it actually came and is in one piece.

Edit: Sorry the picture quality is shitty.

That sure is a pin
    That sure is a pin

Not sure why this is upside down  when I upload, but there's no up in space, right?
    Not sure why this is upside down when I upload, but there's no up in space, right?
    Dunno when I'm ever gonna use these, but they're there
    Dunno when I'm ever gonna use these, but they're there
    That sure is a pen
    That sure is a pen

And the box it rode in on (in)
    And the box it rode in on (in)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dr_monocle: Id make sure to keep it in good condition. Seems like it could become a dumb collector's item down the line.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Yeah, I'm just taking stuff out to make sure everything is good and then back in the box it goes!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

You paid $150 for a pin and a pen and a figurine and some stickers and they made you wait five months?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@icemael said:

You paid $150 for a pin and a pen and a figurine and some stickers and they made you wait five months?

I mean, the pin is kind of nice.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did you not even get the game or was that sent first?

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: When I purchased it (in April-ish) they gave me the option for a Steam or GOG key. That was sent day of release.

@ssully said:
    @icemael said:

I mean, the pin is kind of nice.

It is! Also, humans take 9 months to make. Now that's a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemael said:

Apparently, iam8bit has had some trouble with releasing stuff lately. I was hearing a lot of negative things when they did their Rez Infinite release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.