Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Better than I hoped for

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By imchardo

I'm always impressed by people that don't give up - that get back up after being knocked down, that reorient themselves and keep pushing forward. And I think that Hello Games has done that admirably with No Man's Sky. I'm super impressed with what they've done.

I wasn't especially excited about the game in 2016 and, after all the bad press, I didn't even consider buying it. But I've been slowly warming to it the last two years and, with the introduction of the NEXT update, I took the bait and gave them my money.

I'm having a blast with the game. After about 40 hours, I'm finding it scratches an itch I didn't even know I had. Who knows how long I'll last with it before I want to put it down but, right now, it's captured my imagination enough that I'm thinking about it and planning my next adventure even when I'm away from home. That doesn't happen too often.

Congratulations Hello Games. And thank you.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, I've hit some bad bugs that are a bummer whenever they happen (frequent crashes, especially on the freighter, as well as the weapon terminal blueprint issue that I see have been reported all over the place), but I really enjoy the game when it works.

ijkay15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@imchardo said:

I'm always impressed by people that don't give up - that get back up after being knocked down, that reorient themselves and keep pushing forward. And I think that Hello Games has done that admirably with No Man's Sky. I'm super impressed with what they've done.

I wasn't especially excited about the game in 2016 and, after all the bad press, I didn't even consider buying it. But I've been slowly warming to it the last two years and, with the introduction of the NEXT update, I took the bait and gave them my money.

I'm having a blast with the game. After about 40 hours, I'm finding it scratches an itch I didn't even know I had. Who knows how long I'll last with it before I want to put it down but, right now, it's captured my imagination enough that I'm thinking about it and planning my next adventure even when I'm away from home. That doesn't happen too often.

Congratulations Hello Games. And thank you.

I felt the exact same way leading up to the original release. I'm glad to hear people are enjoying it now, even if it still has some issues. I'm looking to jumping in after I finish playing God of War. I could totally use a relaxing game that I could just explore and get lost in, and No Man's Sky NEXT looks like a good fit.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

NMS Next is a vast improvement over the original. I played about 30hrs, really impressed and surprised actually(good on HG for sure),then got distracted and stopped. I'll go back though because it's really good, and I wanna see where the story goes. There's so much more to do, and build especially. Great explore and chill game. And they're still giving the game love; got another update for it yesterday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.