Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

Rare Drops (specifically smithing texts)

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders. So, I have been thoroughly enjoying this game, but have hit something of a self-imposed wall. Does anyone know how often certain smithing texts drop? Specifically, the Nami-Oyogi (sword from the Warrior of the West build), is what I'm going for. Or, perhaps even better, some advice on how much of an impact things like Luck have on drops like that. I have a Luck stat of 76, and a human item drop rate of 27%. My equipment drop rate is only about 6%. Does this kind of thing fall under equipment or items? Weapon or armor? I just have no idea how to go about making this grind smaller, and I'm so invested now (I've defeated that bastard Tachibana 63 times) that I feel like I couldn't make myself walk away if I tried. I get that it's an exotic, but I've gotten exotic drops of literally EVERYTHING that he drops in the double digits, and still no text. Any advice is appreciated!

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I was under the impression all smithing texts are mission specific and always drop and the ones that give "better" general items can drop.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfromace: this is mostly true, but in some more unique armor/weapon cases (like Warrior of the West/East/Red Demon/etc...) the only way to get the texts is from your fight with the character and them dropping it (it took me 9 tries for Tachi to drop the Warrior of the West bow smithing text, for example).

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By deathfromace

I guess I was just lucky with the one set I wanted. Also is it just me or does the game just throw single sword set crafting at you non-stop.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@deathfromace: No, when the smithing text is listed under the rewards for completing a mission, you'll get it. Otherwise, it drops from certain bosses like normal loot drops. If you pick one up it says in a message box you got the smithing text.

@sethmode I don't think anyone knows for a fact. I farmed for the Righteous Strategist set. He dropped it like the fourth time or so, but that doesn't tell us anything. I would assume Luck matters, the Kodama blessings probably also matter? At least I would assume so. Just keep at it I guess.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dispossession

I'm currently trying to get the smithing text for Otani's gear, so I feel your pain.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Also is it just me or does the game just throw single sword set crafting at you non-stop.

Yeah whats up with this? Does the game bias rewards/drops to the weapon you pick at the start? Or like your most proficient weapon or something? I swear to god every mission reward is a sword, every good drop is a sword and every smithing text I find is a sword. And my second most found weapon is spear, which I picked as a secondary. Also my second most used now. I looked at my proficiencies that were like 0, 0, 0, 35, 9999999999 and decided maybe I should branch out a bit.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@tobbrobb: There are more swords in the game than other weapons. Besides that it's just RNG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.