Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

Pvp nightmare

jszyarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

So far I'm loving this game and everything about it except for one thing the pvp. More specifically pvp with the dual swords no matter how much higher level I am I just get wrecked. I use sickle and chain and the spear. What weapons do you struggle with the most in pvp? And any tips for overcoming this dilemma?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ivdamke

There is no PvP in Nioh yet. I assume you mean Revenant summons which are AI controlled versions of other players? In which case just block until they deplete all their stamina, hit them once to stagger them and then Grapple them. Personally I just parry their first attack which opens them up for Quickdraws and ground finishers which kills them first time every time.

jszyarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: yes sorry I couldn't remember the name sorry. Thanks for the tips I'll have to try that I've mostly been trying to block and chip using the block attack with the chain.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

I use the same weapons and run with light armor. Every revenant is different but just look for their weaknesses. If a character is faster than you they are typically weaker with less armor, let them tire out then circle behind for more damage. Slower with heavy weapons, dodge till the end of a combo then get your counter attacks in. Their move sets and abilities will be the same ones you get access too so they will use similar stamina and have similar openings.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Drain their Ki > win.

The Revenants are completely brokenly easy. Block their first attack, then use one of the Ki damaging attacks you have. When broken, unleash hell.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nux

You can also dodge around then and wreck them from the back.

Hopuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the sickle chain high stance, hold triangle to pull them in, follow up immediately with the leg sweep (block and triangle iirc), ki pulse to get the damage bonus and do the finishing strike on them. Repeat if they are still alive.

This has made short work of all human opponents for me.

jszyarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopuk: hmm I'll have to try that also it's just been frustrating trying to win any of these

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parry and use high stance for more ki drain when you hit their guard. When they're out of ki you can do a grab

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.