Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Are any stores near you taking New 3ds preorders anymore?

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By slax

I don't know why I procrastinated so much, but yesterday I decided I should call Gamestop and see if you can still pre-order. Unsurprisingly enough, they said their first shipment is sold out. While I'll still probably drive around a bit tomorrow and see if there are any extras, it's not looking hopefully.

Have any of you run into the same situation? Is this console selling fast, or is it just the $100 trade-in that has been rushing for one (don't get me wrong, that was a big reason on why I did it as well.)

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you want to cheese it (and your Best Buy isn't open yet), you might have some luck ordering online for in-store pickup. I can't make it until after work, so I put an order in right after I woke up and it's waiting for me when I get off.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So I went to the Target near my work early this morning to see if I could get the Majora's Mask edition. I got there about half an hour before they opened (this one being at 7am) and I was like 16th in line. The MM consoles went to the first 5 people and they were handing out tickets for the rest of the black and red versions which I just said "no thanks" to since they are always guaranteed to be made.

So I went on target.com when I got to work and they have some of the MM versions in stock right now. You could try for that and I'm sure they probably have the others available. Otherwise you might just need to wait a few weeks possibly.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I actually ended up getting one at my local game shop, and turned in my 3ds XL for 85 bucks, which isn't bad. Now I'm trying to contact Nintendo to move my NNID, but seems like everyone is doing that, so it's super slow.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to see if Gamestop still had that 100 trade-in promo and trade in my vita for the new 3DS but nope they were all sold out, all 3 Gamestop stores. Hopefully when there next shipment hits the bring back that trade-in promo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.