Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

XBOX One Kinect Issue with random voice commands triggering

Paulypies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Paulypies

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else has been having the problem that I have where the game is picking up the game audio (and not cancelling it properly) and thinking it's me saying things like "show map" and "look behind/around." Every now and then it'll just randomly open the map for force the camera to look behind or around me. It's kinda annoying and has caused me to mess up a few times but I'd prefer to not have to pull the Kinect cable out every time.

Theres a message in the game menu saying if you have issues with Kinect to try turning the volume down. I kinda like my games to be loud. Not unreasonably so (I don't have complaints) but a nice toggle switch to kill that stuff or have to say "easydrive" before would solve it nicely.

tamika10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having the same problem. I also had the game at 70% and the next time I turned the game on I was back to 20%.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same problem, it just randomly opens the map or changes camera view, I've not had it register any other commands than these two.

Why the hell can't you turn off the voice commands, you can even do it in the other EA Games I have, like Fifa14 or BF4. It's stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba519b6e291
    deactivated-64ba519b6e291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but in our copy it'll constantly spin the camera around in a 360 for no reason at all and in the middle of a race. It'll also occasionally cancel events we've started. Maybe it's not the problem, but we just blame the Kinect. I suppose we should blame a badly designed game, but the Kinect is an easier and more obvious target.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.