Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

Making an awesome track

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By returnofjake

Giantbomb peoples... 

What, in your opinion, makes a good track? Long drifts, tight corners, massive jumps or lots of obstacles? 

I've been messing round with the track creator and have made one so far... the ModNation decided it was worth 3 stars. I want to get to atleast a 4, 3 is far too average. I've been messing with a lot of ideas for the next track. I generally prefer a mix of nice tight corners, some massive drifts and good scenic moments to remember the track by. 

If you have made any tracks, let us know how to find them and we can see what you like to make. Together, we can make better tracks. 

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I haven't played the full game yet but I would say all of the above except for an excessive amount of stables on the track. I hope that helps. :)

PenguinDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PenguinDoctor

loop de loops
    returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By returnofjake

I find it difficult to plan a big jump in with a track designed like a race course. I always feel it detracts from the rest of the planning going on to make the rest of the track nicely challenging. 

I should find somewhere for a big-ass ramp.

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shrig32

I found making tracks quite hard, too. I just drove around aimlessly with the track creator and jiggled the shape around to work better later. A few obstacles and props later, I had a really nice simple track =D 
    I'd like to make a longer and more complex track some time. My first impressions with the editor are quite nice! 
    http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/shrig32/creations/376325 Here's the track. It looks much better from a kart, though =)

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By gike987

I think most of the popular tracks are fun the first time but get boring fast. I prefer a good looking track with not to many jumps and other crazy stuff. One or two crazy mega jumps per lap is ok. Keep it simple, but not to simple.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By zero_

Absolutely crazy ones. The Famous Flying Camel is awesome

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shrig32

I like ones that have lots of competitive elements, this is a racing game, after-all =) I guess that means turns to take positions in, straights for the boosts and weapon pick-ups at strategic locations =D Oh, and a shortcut or two.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @Zero_:
    Too crazy almost lol
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

Not too much, I think. And variation. The temptation is to go balls-out bonkers, but I think you need to have a good mix of straights, drifts and jumps. Maybe two jumps max. You also need one big "set-piece" moment.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By habster3
    @returnofjake said:
    " I find it difficult to plan a big jump in with a track designed like a race course. I always feel it detracts from the rest of the planning going on to make the rest of the track nicely challenging.  I should find somewhere for a big-ass ramp. "
    I'm sorry, but you knew I had to post this:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.