Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

Love it or Hate it: Mirror's Edge

• 86 results
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JoeyRavn

"Meh" for me. I played it a bit, maybe half of the game, before I got bored of it.

Euey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Euey

It's a beautiful & unique looking game but the controls left a lot to be desired. It needed more of an Assassin's Creed type traversal mechanism, having to time all your jumps perfectly just broke up the flow of the game. I would love to see a sequel though.     

SumoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By SumoX

I liked it, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I loved it.

It was a neat game with some really interesting ideas. Too bad there were a few rough gameplay ideas and the story went absolutely nowhere.

Spwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By Spwn

Started playing the game three days ago on PS3 and finished it today. An incredible experience, although  the fighting can be frustrating from time to time if you can't grab the enemy's gun. Great platformer and could be called "the first person Prince of Persia" in a way. Definitely one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a while.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By hatking

I think that there was some very amazing ideas presented.  There were some execution problems and some lack of focus.  I played the game going for the achievement that required you to not shoot a gun.  Playing with way presented a puzzle aspect while fighting enemies who were armed to teeth.  It reminds me of Portal almost.  I never shot a person, but I found clever ways in the environment to defeat them. 

Very fun game.  And I, for one, support it being in the first person.
    Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Grumbel

I'd say I love this game, but it is far from perfect. The cutscenes are pretty much a complete ugly joke, looking more like previsualisation, then something that should be in a final game. The story itself is also a ham-fisted mess. The gameplay and setting on the other side is brilliant. I didn't mind the trial & error gameplay at all, since this game is basically a continuation of what games like Prince of Persia or Another World did and those always have been rich on death. One thing that bothered me however was the gun play, the game tried to deemphasis the use of guns, but then put you in far to many situation where you where forced to do combat and the gun was often the only sensible option. On top of that the game lacks hit proper detection when shooting people, if you want to make violence look bad, show me the violence. Let head shots look bloody and ugly and give me the option to shoot people in the leg. instead of having all enemies die the same, there should have been much more variety and there should have been a noticeable difference between dead people, wounded and knocked out ones, instead all we got was generic video game death.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JoRoNimo

Still waiting on announcement of part 2. 

They'll never announce part 2. :(

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Zaapp1

Still one of my favorite shooters of 2008.  Why do you think they're making Brink?  Because parkour-shooting is awesome.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ProfessorEss

I definitely didn't hate or love it, and it scores higher than a "meh" with me.

It was okay.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CptBedlam

I love the game's graphic style, music etc.

And as many have already pointed out since the game's release: I could've done without most of the shooting parts.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61  Edited By Geno

Loved it. Also the visual presentation is pretty much unparalleled. I think most people that hated it were too dumb to grasp the controls or something, I had no problems with it. Also most of the combat sequences could be skipped by running past the guys, I don't know who would feel compelled to feel they needed to deal with them with fists and guns (that does slow the game down...it's also unnecessary). 

Valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Valestis

Over 66% here loved it? I'm surprised. It was "meh" for me. It had some neat things in it (like cool visual style), but I don't remember having fun playing it at all.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By zidane_24

Love it. It was a great idea that had some poorly executed gunplay.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64  Edited By danielkempster

I really enjoyed Mirror's Edge. I played the game twice, once in late 2008 and once in early 2009, and both times I found it to be a really enjoyable experience. It does have shortcomings, most notably the gunplay and its brevity, but those things really didn't detract from the experience for me. Then again, I did pick it up for £15, so I can see why people who paid full price for it might have felt a little short-changed.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By crithon

after 2 hours, I had to stop, load up TF2, select the scout class, play a few rounds capture the intel, and realize "No, my settings aren't messed up this game is seriously broken"

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FunkyHugo

I couldn't get farther than the 3rd level, it was just sooo boring. Some great ideas, but mainly a poor execution and frustrating game play mechanics.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DrPockets000

I wish fucking love was a choice.  Because that's my feelings for this game.  Sequel!!!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Azteck

I'm really on the fence when it comes to this game. On one hand, I love the premise of the game and it could, and should have been. The graphics are wonderful and all that. What makes me not absolutely adore it is how they shoe-horned in a story and combat in it. Mirror's Edge would've been, in my opinion, a far better game had they removed the combat and made it less linear. That said, I love the idea and large parts of the gameplay, and still consider it a good game, albeit short.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By time allen
    @jorojoserojas said:
    " Still waiting on announcement of part 2.                              They'll never announce part 2. :( "
    it was already confirmed that a small group at dice are working on a sequel lol.
    TenStoryMother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TenStoryMother

I love it, but with the opinion that it is flawed.  When the game's levels meshed with the game's design, the game was a new and exciting experience.  When the two designs contradicted one another, which it did far too often, the game was frustrating and sloppy.  It looks as if BRINK might incorporate some of Mirror's Edge better mechanics into it's gameplay.  Does anyone else think BRINK will better realize some of Mirror's Edge's mechanics?  
    Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I love every part of it except for the shooting and the lack luster ending. I am looking forward to a sequel with less gun play.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#72  Edited By zyn

I like it.  No hate or love.

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PS3RG

I liked it and enjoyed it. Can't say that I loved it though.

dahapr44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dahapr44
    @PS3RG said:
    " I liked it and enjoyed it. Can't say that I loved it though. "
    ^ this. Although, like many have already said, I think that the game could have been improved with better functioning gunplay, less linear level design, a little more forgiving platforming, and much enhanced storytelling.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Dany

Can I love something I never played?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#76  Edited By jacksukeru

I like it's style and general design aesthetic. I also really like what it was trying to do with climbing in first person mode and making a first person game not focused on combat. I don't like having to run through a bunch of armed guards that kill you in two hits, especially if you can't ever shoot back at them (Test of Faith achievement) and have to go through the "discarding equipped gun" animation after you disarm one and before you can take on another (again, self-imposed, but still annoying). 

I don't remember much about the story, it might've been alright. while I liked the first person cutscenes, there were too few of them. I didn't like the animated cutscenes, I don't think they look any good. Too often I was confused about where to go and I got stuck in a few places. There were still some exciting parts here and there and moving around felt pretty good most of the time. 

All in all, a game I would love to love, but there are just too many issues with it that it's really hard for me to. I hope that the "small team" that's supposed to work on a sequel are able to test different stuff until they come up with a good direction to take the series.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jackel2072

i did my part i bought it new. and im thinking about buying it again on XBL

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Hizang

I liked the beginning of the game, which was foccused on just running fast, the end game however was to foccused on bad platforming and people constantly shooting at you.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AuthenticM

I fucking adore Mirror's Edge.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#80  Edited By BeachThunder

Sequel...maybe? ^__^

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#81  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

LOVE

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82  Edited By Seppli

I love it more than I hate it. So I love it. But really, there is some aggrivating shit in there.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Azteck

I love it long time, with all my heart. Wallpaper theme is of mirror's edge<3<3

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By geirr

Pure love.. One of the greatest experiences I've had with gaming this century,

but it has major flaws which I can only hope they'll try and fix if there ever was a proper sequel.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mnzy

I liked it alot but thought that it had flaws that another iteration could fix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love it. Not so much the gameplay, but the design. This game just looks stunning an the PC. Here are some screenshots I made during my last run.      

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.