Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

First impressions

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By atejas

Wow, this is the most unforgiving game I've played in a while. I mean, I died, like 5 times on the tutorial, just trying to get the landing from the zipline right.
    Not to say that's a bad thing. The atmosphere, music and gameplay really come together during some puzzles or scenes(sliding down that ramp and then jumping past the chopper).
    Then again, it gets annoying dying on the same jump 15 times, or hearing the Blues, scurrying over the nearest wall, and realising you've just vaulted off a skyscraper.
    At the end of the day, the issues are all my fault, and I'm planning on giving this a replay(HARD MODE, NO RUNNER VISION, FINAL DESTINATION) just to perfect my skills.
    One thing I really don't get is the skid-roll when coming out of a large fall- how far in advance should you press it? Because I always land and take damage.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By atejas

Wow, this is the most unforgiving game I've played in a while. I mean, I died, like 5 times on the tutorial, just trying to get the landing from the zipline right.
    Not to say that's a bad thing. The atmosphere, music and gameplay really come together during some puzzles or scenes(sliding down that ramp and then jumping past the chopper).
    Then again, it gets annoying dying on the same jump 15 times, or hearing the Blues, scurrying over the nearest wall, and realising you've just vaulted off a skyscraper.
    At the end of the day, the issues are all my fault, and I'm planning on giving this a replay(HARD MODE, NO RUNNER VISION, FINAL DESTINATION) just to perfect my skills.
    One thing I really don't get is the skid-roll when coming out of a large fall- how far in advance should you press it? Because I always land and take damage.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure
    "(HARD MODE, NO RUNNER VISION, FINAL DESTINATION)"

I haven't played the actual game yet, but from reviews I have read and playing the demo that looks like it might be a pain in the ass to go through. I could barely tell where I was going sometimes with the runner vision thing on o.O
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By atejas

Heh, yeah, I'm getting stuck on normal too. I just got past Jackknife(Worst. QTE. Ever.) And now I'm at that part in the subway where you have to take the 'rail access' but I can't find it and those fucking SWATs kill me in, like, a minute.
    On a happier note, I just got they 'Hey, its-a-me!" achievement.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

The only thing I like about this game is the music...

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By atejas

Erm...I mean Ropeburn, not Jackknife.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.