Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft: Story Mode

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 13, 2015

A Telltale adventure game inspired by the sandbox game of the same name (and its numerous fan-created video series), as newbie builder Jesse and their friends search the lands of Minecraft for a group of legendary adventurers to save the world.

New Minecraft: Story Mode Trailer from Minecon

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

So, TellTale just dropped a new trailer for their Minecraft licensed game for the crowd at Minecon.

It sure as hell looks like another TellTale game, but they managed to fit in a lot of the Minecraft aesthetic - possibly some basic crafting mechanics as well.

As someone who isn't a Minecraft fan though, the big selling point here is the voice cast which includes a lot of great comedians and voice actors as well as a couple of really cool surprises. The list from TellTale right now is Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, Scott Porter, Martha Plimpton, Dave Fennoy, Corey Feldman, Billy West, and Paul Reubens.

Honestly, I had written this thing off as something that was just going to phone it in and bank on the popularity of Minecraft, but I have enjoyed a lot of the TellTale games and this appears to have all of those touchstones and that voice cast that they've lined up seems incredible.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ghostiet

Looks way too self-serious from that trailer.

I loved Season 1 of TWD, really liked The Wolf Among Us and thought Season 2 of TWD was absolute shit, so I dunno. I hope it changes the formula enough. Also, I'm wondering if it's still the same, tired-ass engine? It doesn't look like that from the trailer, but it's hard to say. The bad animations and lack of smoothness in editing really put me off of Tales from the Borderlands, as that game's scenes are way too dynamic for the way that it moves.

Anyway, we'll see. Ashley Johnson and Patton Oswalt have me at least interested.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZolRoyce

That cast has me super excited, Patton is such a big nerd I'm glad they finally got him into a substantial role in a video game, and not only that but they got him involved with two things I adore, Minecraft and TellTale games so I'm excited. Plus Billy West! Hell yeah! This makes me happy, I'm excited.

Edit: Hoooollly shiiiit the like/dislike ratio and comment section is viiiiiiile for this one. Wow. Did find Jim Sterling lurking in the comments though so that was fun, but wow. That is a crazy reaction happening right now.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dunno man. I dunno maaaaan.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My hope would be that there will be a moment when the curtain is pulled back and it's actually just a bunch of kids playing Minecraft or something. Similar to what a certain movie did recently.

Also I can't hear Dave Fennoy's voice any more without immediately picturing Lee from The Walking Dead.

Balrox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Balrox_

I really hope that they won't take it too serious. I'm interested enough to play it anyways, but if they just do a standard story in the minecraft world it might just not be different enough.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The voice cast has me pumped. I don't really care about the Minecraft part of this, but it could still be a cool story and that's what counts.

They seemed to have gone all out on this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.