Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An open-world action-adventure game by Monolith, set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Vendetta for fallen friends?

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The game can do this? I had no idea.

A buddy just got a quest telling her to avenge my death. It was the same name and character design of the Orc Captain and everything, Sadly she failed and the bastard got away, but would he have died in my game if she succeeded? will he gain power for me now since he survived?

I haven't heard anything about this feature.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, the Captain doesn't die in your game if they kill him and he doesn't increase in power if they fail, it's just a fun way to get more runes.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By slyspider

I got a message saying that some random dude killed my killer. I didn't get anything but I couldn't remember the last time I died and got really confused

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first time I saw that system implemented it said: "This captain killed FondleyourDongle, you should avenge him." It was pretty funny, even though it took me out of the immersion a bit.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The first time I saw that system implemented it said: "This captain killed FondleyourDongle, you should avenge him." It was pretty funny, even though it took me out of the immersion a bit.

FondleyourDongle of Gondor was a good man if but flawed. He gave his life fighting the evils of this world for the black gate, and for that we should all be grateful. But his fight did not end with his life. It is up to everyone of us to carry on the fight that FondleyourDongle gave his life for. He was our brother, and he lives in each and everyone of us now.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

It's a fun feature, when you want to take a captain down but don't want to interrupt your carefully-constructed infiltration schemes. My only complaint is that, on Steam at least, it seems to pull random folks. I'm the only person on my friends list that has Mordor, yet I get vendetta missions on the regular. I couldn't care less about them, since I don't know anyone involved.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ssully said:
    @thebatmobile said:

FondleyourDongle of Gondor was a good man if but flawed. He gave his life fighting the evils of this world for the black gate, and for that we should all be grateful. But his fight did not end with his life. It is up to everyone of us to carry on the fight that FondleyourDongle gave his life for. He was our brother, and he lives in each and everyone of us now.

What is dead may never die.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I saw this earlier. Very cool. I really liked it in Diablo 3, and I like it even more in SoM. I really hope this becomes a common trend in video games from now on. At least open-world ones.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PhilOsyfee on PS4 if anyone would like to add for Vendetta kills. Pretty far in so if anything kills me it'll be worth the vengeance.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've gotten 4 vendetta missions so far and I've only known one of the people it referred to. I dunno if that means it doesn't actually pull only from friends, or if I should try and remember my friendslist a bit better.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_nubster: It only pulls random guys if you don't have any friends with Mordor. I had a few random vendetta missions on launch day, but now that a few of my friends have picked the game up, I'm only getting missions from them.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Nasar7

If you're reading this miceonthebrain, you've been avenged twofold.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TobbRobb

@jrad: Weird, the first vendetta I got was from my friendslist, but the 3 I have gotten afterwards were not. I know 24 people with the game for the record.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just get random ones on the pc...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty cool. Kind of a shame it seems to pull randomly according to other folks, but still neat. I would totally revenge-stab an Orc for killing a friend.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Yeah I thought this was pretty great when it first popped up in my game

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorbit

I get those a lot on Steam. Most of them have been for my Steam friends but I did have one which was for someone I didn't recognize. I think they're cool. Now my friends will message me on Steam every time they die telling me about the asshole that killed him and that I should be on the look out.

It is the same orc being carried over into your game, so you can gloat to your friends about how easy it was to kill the guy who killed your friend.

Avatar image for arkade_kalamity
    Arkade_Kalamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool feature.

My 1st vendetta was held up in a stronghold and was terrified of caragors. I rode in on one and spent 10 minutes chasing this poor paranoid chap along roof tops.

Drashkael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Drashkael

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.