Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

A Metal Gear Solid Video?!?!

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

This bug anyone else about the games? I mean there has got to be a better method of exposition than this. It says a lot about the games that they can get away with this.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Whenever I see it in games I have to giggle to myself because they don't seem to think of another option for introducing a topic... Or rather, a new topic?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jack268

Considering David Hayter writes scripts for movies and stuff I'd imagine he's well aware that this isn't the best kind of dialogue, and being the guy who does the actual voice I'd imagine the people who work there would listen to him. You have to remember that MGS isn't meant to be the most serious franchise ever, even if it's story happens to be one giant "2DEEP4U" thing. In the first game I can imagine it wasn't intended, but at this point I like to think it's kind of a running joke. They even have the "METAL... GEAR?" moment in Peace Walker.

It might also be Japanese writing.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Maajin

@Jack268 said:

It might also be Japanese writing.

Yeah, it's more the way japanese conversations go than bad writing (it is a little bad writing as well). You see that in every Anime and japanese movie, even the well written ones. I guess you could blame it in bad localization.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.