Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Franchise »

A part of the Metal Gear series, often also considered its own series all the same.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Is Apparently Happening

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By Karl_Boss

Not surprising.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By phrali

i used to LOVE this series in the PS2 era. played the first 3 to death.

then MGS4 happened and since then, i skip every cutscene ever in any game and i have no interest in MGS5 at all.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Dan_CiTi said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

Sorry but MGS4 is...without a shadow of a doubt....the most overrated game this console generation. A contradictive story filled with holes, horrible characters like Sunny and Drebin, and some of the worst boss fights in MGS history. MGS 1 2 and 3 were great games, but MGS4 was a waste.

Kojima really is an overrated game developer, if he really wants to make another MGS game, he should make Big Boss, who IMO is the best MGS character, the main character and not Snake or Raiden.

Peace Walker was damn good. And MGS4 would have been a lot better if it ended with Otacon looking on in the distance. And Drebin was fine and pretty charming.

I haven't played Peace Walker, but mark my words I will play the collectors edition of MGS. MGS4 was really anti climatic, Ocelot wanted to take over the world and for what? One final fight with Snake? It made the entire game redundant.

Weather you think Drebin was fine and charming is irrelevant, the point is that he was completely out of place in MGS, same with Sunny.

Metaltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Metaltron

O.o I want it...... I NEED IT..... I LIVE FOR IT!!!!

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Holy shit zone of Enders hd. Yessssssssssssssnsjssnusyb

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#206  Edited By LiquidPrince

What are the chances that this is still PS3 exclusive?

freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#207  Edited By freedo

@freedo said:

@Gabriel said:

@freedo said:

@Gabriel: Read the end of the third paragraph. You know, the one that says "discusses his plan for Metal Gear Solid 5 and Project Ogre."

Magazines do this a lot, they ask questions about an upcoming game and Kojima might confirm it, or he might say he has some ideas about what he'd like to do, or he could just straight up say it's not happening. I don't think this confirms MGS5 at all yet, until people read the details in the magazine.

Semantics. Logistics. Whatever. MGS 5 is probably happening and Patrick is just doin' his job, man. And doing it well, I might add. I get what you're saying and all, I'm just saying MGS 5 is in fact mentioned in the article by the magazine.

@Gabriel looks like you called it. Turns out the article was a total bait and switch. I still think Patrick did what he was supposed to do so don't blame him, but it's definitely shoddy journalism on OPM UK's part. Apologies. OPM UK can eat a bag of dicks.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By Otacon

I love metal gear but I kind of wish mgs4 didn't pull that last punch and ended the story on an incredible high. Still, can't wait.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#209  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@Dan_CiTi said:

Sorry but MGS4 is...without a shadow of a doubt....the most overrated game this console generation. A contradictive story filled with holes, horrible characters like Sunny and Drebin, and some of the worst boss fights in MGS history. MGS 1 2 and 3 were great games, but MGS4 was a waste.

Kojima really is an overrated game developer, if he really wants to make another MGS game, he should make Big Boss, who IMO is the best MGS character, the main character and not Snake or Raiden.

Peace Walker was damn good. And MGS4 would have been a lot better if it ended with Otacon looking on in the distance. And Drebin was fine and pretty charming.

I haven't played Peace Walker, but mark my words I will play the collectors edition of MGS. MGS4 was really anti climatic, Ocelot wanted to take over the world and for what? One final fight with Snake? It made the entire game redundant.

Weather you think Drebin was fine and charming is irrelevant, the point is that he was completely out of place in MGS, same with Sunny.

How is a weapons dealer out of place in MGS? I mean we already had all of the MGS3 bosses which a lot weirder. But yeah the ending is bad, it just pandered way too much. Parts of it where fun, but the more you think about it the worse it is.

Reznov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By Reznov

@Th3_James said:

I just want to replay MGS3 on 360 after I am done Skyrim completely. I didn't like MGS4 that much, but I will play MGS5.

I wonder what music device snake will use in this one.

old snake used an ipod during mgs4. i wonder how much money apple paid to have snake market ipods to mgs fans...i dont expect much of mgs5. they killed snake

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.