Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Franchise »

A part of the Metal Gear series, often also considered its own series all the same.

Brads Ranking Order

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

Does anyone know Brad's ranking order for Metal Gear Solid games?

#1: Metal Gear Solid 1 (I'm pretty sure this is his favorite)
    #2: Metal Gear Solid 4 (his review led me to believe this would be his 2nd favorite) 
    #3: Metal Gear Solid 3
    #4: Metal Gear Solid 2

Note: I don't know if he even played Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes so I did not include it.

Can anyone here rank his favorite games in this series better than I did above?

Also what are YOUR favorite games in this series.  Here are my favorites in the series:

#1 Metal Gear Solid 1  (best)
    #2 Metal Gear Solid 3
    #3 Metal Gear Solid 4 
    #4 Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
    #5 Metal Gear Solid 2 (worse)

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ieatlions

i tihnk acording to last years game of the year 2 is his least  favourite

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Interfect

I only played and completed 4. And I played a demo of 1 many times.

So 4 ftw!

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THE_END
    @ieatlions said:

" i tihnk acording to last years game of the year 2 is his least  favourite "

Agreed.  The 08 GOTY podcast led me to believe 2 (Sons of Liberty) is the lowest on his list.  However, this same podcast is making me wonder whether or not he thinks 4 surpassed 1.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

I have only played the first so far, but once I get around to popping 2 and 3 in my PS2, I'll let you know.
    PS the first was great.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By subject2change

Really the order is kinda hard for me, they are all such great games excluding #2. Really its like 1, 4, 3, 2 i'd say but the difference between 1, 4 and 3 is so marginally small it's hard to decide. I think 3 is last because of the issues I had with it playing it on my PS3 with Software BC as I never played it when it was originally released. 2 was dreadfully weird at the end and I couldn't let that go. 1 and 4 were both perfect and I suppose 1 is at the top cause it was my during my prime into becoming a gamer with my PS1.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THE_END
    @AgentJ:  I think you will agree with me that 2 has good gameplay and cutscene graphics........but the story sucks really really bad.  I was extremely disappointed in the story of 2 and it sounds like Brad feels the same way.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
    @THE_END said:
    " @AgentJ:  I think you will agree with me that 2 has good gameplay and cutscene graphics........but the story sucks really really bad.  I was extremely disappointed in the story of 2 and it sounds like Brad feels the same way. "
    I watched the Screw Attack retrospect and it didnt seem that bad to me, but perhaps I have to experience it,
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THE_END
    @Subject2Change: Yeah I definitely agree with your comments on 2.  My reason for putting 1 first is because the bosses are so memorable and the story is so awesome.  I love everything about this MGS1.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@AgentJ said:

" @THE_END said:

" @AgentJ:  I think you will agree with me that 2 has good gameplay and cutscene graphics........but the story sucks really really bad.  I was extremely disappointed in the story of 2 and it sounds like Brad feels the same way. "
    I watched the Screw Attack retrospect and it didnt seem that bad to me, but perhaps I have to experience it, "
    It was pretty lame.  The ending is a kick in the balls and Raiden is fine as a character but he's not Solid Snake.  For what people were expecting it really was a tough game to swallow.  You have to also realize that at the time it came out there was a pre-release demo that was a huge deal and a rare occurrence for the time.  And guess who you controlled in the demo?  Snake, who you only play for the opening sequence of the game that the demo covered.  It was really just pulling the rug out from under the fans.  The environment was also pretty damn boring to run around in, and those damn drones!  Fuck those things.

For me it's:

MGS1
    MGS4
    MGS3
    MGS2

A couple of SPOILER notes:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.