Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 22, 2005

An updated version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater containing several new features, most notably a third-person camera and an online mode.

Does Raiden appear in this game?

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dudacles

If so, when? GB lists him as appearing in MGS3, but I can't remember. And Raikov isn't Raiden, right?

DavidLeeRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By DavidLeeRoth

Selecting the option "I like MGS2" before starting a new game, this changes the opening. Snake is wearing a mask that looks identical to Raiden's face. It's kind of weak, but he's there in a way. If it were my decision, I would say he shouldn't be on the list.

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Met2609

There are a lot of references to him, so I can see why he's listed as in the game. Raikov is basically him. There is a Raiden mask that Snake wears, and I believe he's in the special features on Disc 2.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

He is referenced and there is a Raiden "mask" as well as him being featured on the second disc in some of the parody videos but he isn't actually in the game as a character. I personally think he shouldn't be listed as being in the game because he's not really in the game at all. I don't think that references or a mask count.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By brukaoru

Raikov was a total joke created because of all the people who hated him in the second game. I wish Kojima hadn't made people choose "I like MGS2" to see the easter-egg beginning, I would have loved to see everyone flip at the beginning... When I saw Snake take off that helmet and looking like Raiden I was like, "WHAT THE HELL?!" It was awesome! :D

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By calf_exercises

If you mean the main story no. It was set before he was born. But I do have reason to beleive that he was in their as a joke or something

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.