Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Is this PC version more than a port????

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This was my 2013 game of the year, I replayed it on console dozens of times, and love every minute of it. The PC version came out today, I got home from work, started it, giggled like a child when I cut a box until my framerate hit single digits. (around 2000 pieces)

But..... It feels rebalanced. Did I miss some news about rebalance, or am I just rusty? I started on Hard (What I feel the real "Normal" is) and I realized that I was getting hit more often than I ever had on consoles. Is it tougher this time around?

Also, another thing that is making me feel insane! Do bosses have new attacks? I just beat Mistral, and she was doing a jumping spin attack and ripping her pole-arm through the ground as a projectile. I might just be getting old and forgetful but these seem new?

Sorry if I'm just insane and nothing is different.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By crithon

hmmmmmmmm

just played both versions.

Yes, there's new tech in there to handle the multiple slices, to have more, to keep them on screen for a longer time, and actually directions of the cuts. Is it rebalance, that's a possibility, I wish I could unlock very hard on hard just got up to Bladewolf and just had more enemies grab me then before and sneak up behind me then before. It seems like a bit more smarter pathfinding to catch you when your open.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@crithon: Dwarf Gekko's seem to be a way way more worthwhile enemy to pay attention too, they're more aggressive. Overall the enemies are more aggressive.

If you need to get Very Hard, just do the Konami Code at the start screen!

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crithon

@viciousbearmauling: Silly me I forgot that. But I'd love to just gain some BP for buying Cyborg Ninja costume, so I don't mind replaying it on hard.

Actually been reading there's a problem with anti aliasing the overlay text. And really some people having inconsistent frame rate problems.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

AMD hardware is having issues last I heard and people are having bizarre issues with frame-rates being locked to arbitrary numbers. There's also the fact that the game doesn't properly support 16:10, which is annoying for me, personally. Other than that, it seems to run pretty well - even if it looks like a console game in certain places.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WELLLLLLL, I can't beat Armstrong. It's something about dropping resolution down to 800x600 to get the Blade mode to work. Around the final quick time event there should be a blade mode to activate and it doesn't. Such a weird thing, it works for a second, and then missed it. Been on him for over 10 hours, I don't understand really why 800x600 works.

So yeah, switching between 800X600 to 1080p, they did something with the Menu and Ui to keep them somewhat on scale. Wish I could shut that off, but the guy who did the Dark Souls and Deadly Premonition PC ports DSCI Fix is working on this game also.

I'm not sure there's a rebalance, it does seem that there's some weird technical issues with the graphics preventing enemies from doing this or that.

Avatar image for peterpasinili007
    peterpasinili007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm impressed, graphics setting has many option than other PC ports I played, gameplay's great, and a good start for me this year. However I have one issue, my game crashes when alt-tabbing, but that's not a big issue for me.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat it and everything ran really well at 1920x1080, my only issue was I had these black bars around the screen the whole time but it didn't bother me that much. There were other minor things as well but I think I saw durante was making a patch so everything should be perfect by then.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TobbRobb

Mistral always had that attack. I'm going to say you are partially rusty, the framerate could be subpar and you aren't used to play without the upgrades.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I just beat it and everything ran really well at 1920x1080, my only issue was I had these black bars around the screen the whole time but it didn't bother me that much. There were other minor things as well but I think I saw durante was making a patch so everything should be perfect by then.

IF you're on an ATI video card you would fix that by changing the overscan options for each individual frequency of the resolution you're using to play the game. So you'd have to open catalyst control panel, go to overscan options, leave that open on the side, then through the desktop go to change resolutions of your screen, choose advanced, select the monitor tab, and switch between all the frequencies from 24hz on up to 60hz, adjusting the overscan whenever theres a border around your screen.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it again, and was fiddling with the graphics each one to see what changes. And really it's modest, with all of it's settings, if you got a super machine then yes, all of the settings are awesome, especially the sliced pieces now have a bit longer screen time before they fade out. But it's somewhat there to get it to run where you need it to it's not completely broken. I'd love to know more about the UI and Menus, all of that seems to be rescaling and using something like Antialiasing which slows downs. Because a lot of those effects really are what make the game look special because the game generally looks like a PS2 game without them. I say this because something like Deus EX Human Revolution looked different from PC to console and all of those outline and interface features really stood out because of the higher resolution. I keep switching Rising 1080p on PC and PS3 (which is probably 720) and I find it hard to tell except for maybe shadows quality.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I actually don't have an ATI card it's an AMD, I still checked catalyst and my monitor settings and it was already on 60hz. I appreciate the tip though it might come in handy another time but looks like I'm going to have to wait for a patch for this one.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Humanity

@robothamster said:

@humanity: I actually don't have an ATI card it's an AMD, I still checked catalyst and my monitor settings and it was already on 60hz. I appreciate the tip though it might come in handy another time but looks like I'm going to have to wait for a patch for this one.

Well your desktop was at 60hz but what I'm saying is your game might be dropping down to 30hz or below. I also had black borders, because apparently if you connect your monitor to your pc through HDMI or it's an ATI/AMD card or this or that (there is a list of things that trigger this) the game drops from 60 to 30 while running fullscreen.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RobotHamster

@humanity: Oh alright I see, I'll definitely look into it again once I get home from work today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.