Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Medal of Honor sells over 1.5 million copies in it's first week

• 55 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@Romination said:
    "Bitch much? Ge'ez. Let's not forget that, oh yeah, the good games also sell well. NOVEL CONCEPT, I KNOW. Seems like someone hates popular things.  Let the Right One In also made itself a profit. Just saying. "
    The good games also sell well, 90% of the time, that is the silver lining. Alas, as budgets keep increasing this will happen less and less.

I don't dislike things because they are popular, I dislike things that are bad that are also popular.  

Let The Right One In made a profit, according to Screened it made 172% profit, which is great, but Twilight raked in 1004% profit. It's marketed at 13 y/o girls and there are millions of those that will go to the cinema... it is not what you are selling it is how you sell it. If you want to play the media game, and have the money to put behind it, you can market the hell out of it and sell 1.5 million of anything. Activision could put Bobby Kotick's farts into a box and put a Call of Duty badge on it and it would sell 10 million....
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By JoelTGM

It had every reason to sell big, but with mediocre reviews and Black Ops coming out in a few weeks, it won't last long.  

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Good to hear, from what I played I really enjoyed the SP. 
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Romination
    @zudthespud: Twilight is also just fantasy fulfillment for stupid young girls raised to think that the perfect man will come along and make their life a magical adventure. That's why even married women like it- these things aren't true, so when they see something like Twilight and blank-slate Bella as the main character, they live through it in a sense. 

It's like a trashy romance novel, but with sparkles. 

You're completely right about that- good marketing can make anything sell, usually. Scott Pilgrim didn't, though the marketing blitz was ridiculous for it. But that's neither here or there. Plus, Call of Duty is also brand recognition and people who don't play many other games seizing on it because they like killing their friends.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Bouke

I could see this coming since most of my friends bought it right away, ignoring all reviews (except for the positive ones). And from seeing the game it does look pretty good, but i wonder if they're going to be playing this for months like we did with Bad Company 2? I didn't buy the game myself because of the ammount of quality games recently released, but i've seen plenty of ads and commercials over here (Netherlands).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.