Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Frame rate stutters on pc version

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So I bought this yesterday on Amazon (couldn't pass it up for 5 bucks) but for some reason I get a really inconsistent framerate.  My computer is far above the recommended specs and even when I turn everything up to their highest setting I can see it runs at 60fps.  It runs extremely smooth but for some reason it will bog down to about 15 frames and then go back up about every 10 or 15 seconds. I've tried turning settings all the way down and it still happens.  Any tips on how to fix this? Thank you in advance bombers.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SLUSHiNaToR

Use driversweeper to get rid of your video card driver(s) and download the most current one. This almost always fixes performance issues I have with games. :)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @SLUSHiNaToR said:

Use driversweeper to get rid of your video card driver(s) and download the most current one. This almost always fixes performance issues I have with games. :)

Well I literally have no problem with any other game.  I just find it weird it does it with this one, especially since its an older game
    SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By SLUSHiNaToR

I had an issue with Source Engine Games running at like 20fps constantly and any other game ran perfectly fine.. Got rid of the old drivers and the problem went away.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

welcome to my 22 hours on xbox....fucking studering framerate :(

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Vinny_Says: haha I beat it first on xbox but just wanted to play it again
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

Bump. I uninstalled it and redownloaded it from amazon and still getting crazy frame rate drops. This makes me sad

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.