Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

The PS3 MvC3 Community Thread

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#451  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @mubress: welcome back dude... go get super ;p 
    @Rhaknar: i was playing vs all weekend and didn't notice any frame rate problems... but to be fair there was copious amounts of alcohol involved in that playing

not sure if im feeling the game tbh... have more fun random selecting and mashing buttons than i do sitting down trying to learn shit 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#452  Edited By Rhaknar
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " @mubress: welcome back dude... go get super ;p 
    @Rhaknar: i was playing vs all weekend and didn't notice any frame rate problems... but to be fair there was copious amounts of alcohol involved in that playing not sure if im feeling the game tbh... have more fun random selecting and mashing buttons than i do sitting down trying to learn shit  "
    know exactly what you mean. just played 3 matches after finishing Dead Space 2 earlier, thought to myself "lets give this another go shall we"... lost 1, won 2, not any of them did anything for me. Its a shame seeing how hyped I was about it, but im just forcing myself to play it for whatever reason now, i should just drop it
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"not sure if im feeling the game tbh... have more fun random selecting and mashing buttons than i do sitting down trying to learn shit  "

" Its a shame seeing how hyped I was about it, but im just forcing myself to play it for whatever reason now, i should just drop it "
    Agreed, dudes. There's something I really love about the game, but on the other hand, it does absolutely nothing for me.  

Haven't played in a few days, and have little to no desire to go back. Think I may end up trading it in and getting some Kei$ha/quiche/cash towards Deus Ex 3 and Crysis 2.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By ricetopher

The only things stopping me from playing this game more is school work and the fact that online play is butt for this game. There's a lot more to learn but I'm having way more fun than I ever did with any recent fighting game I've played in the last few years.

If I knew several people I could play IRL on a consistent basis I would probably have already put more time into this game than SSF4.

Different fighting games for different people I guess. And I'm not gonna lie, if MK9 is solid MvC3 will get shelved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ricetopher said:
    "if MK9 is solid..."
    We can only hope.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By ricetopher

@GetEveryone: Honestly all I'm worried about with MK9 from what I've seen is the core gameplay. The roster seems good from what's been revealed (and hinted), and there doesn't seem to be any stupid easy comeback bullshit (though I'm curious to see how X-ray moves will be) like most other games nowadays (Ultras, rage mode, level 3 X-factor, etc.). I don't even care if it doesn't play like UMK3, as long as the overall fighting mechanics are solid.

But if it turns out to be bad or too broken, I'll just keep playing MvC3 until I get bored of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ricetopher: From everything we've seen (which renders this total speculation), I don't think there's anything to worry about. It looks typically MK-esque, and looks meaty as hell. The roster is looking pretty great, too.  

Are the 'x-ray moves' not just a flash-frame to go along with fatalities? I haven't actually read much about it, so that's just what I assumed.

I'm looking forward to an actual brawling fighting game for once. Never liked Tekken, but was always pretty taken with the chunky, basic feel of MK. 

...and now the hype machine begins again...
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#458  Edited By Rhaknar

i think im just not into fighters as i used to be when i was a wee lad. Im excited about Mk, but in the same sense im always excited about MKs. I play them for a bit, mainly to do all the fatalities, and thats about it. I never took them seriously, so I guess i cant be disapointed. But yeah, starting to think im just not into fighters that much anymore. Oh well

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By ricetopher

@GetEveryone: The big deal about MK9 is that right now its all speculation. MvC3 got playtested at every major event in the months leading up to it by the public. MK9 hasn't gotten that. You can't determine how a fighting game plays just watching videos released by developers. As far as I know, X-ray moves are flashy as hell and do a lot of damage, but it uses your entire meter, which could also be used for breakers and EX moves. No idea how these things work (do they need to be combo'd or do you just throw them out and hope for the best?) from what I've seen though.

Tekken is actually really fun though. Didn't like T6 but T5: DR is the shit. People think its incredibly boring and mash friendly but thats hardly the case. If anything, its a 3D version of SF, its all footsies and spacing (as well as knowing your combos), but no projectiles and just less flashy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ricetopher said:

"@GetEveryone: The big deal about MK9 is that right now its all speculation. MvC3 got playtested at every major event in the months leading up to it by the public. MK9 hasn't gotten that. You can't determine how a fighting game plays just watching videos released by developers. As far as I know, X-ray moves are flashy as hell and do a lot of damage, but it uses your entire meter, which could also be used for breakers and EX moves. No idea how these things work (do they need to be combo'd or do you just throw them out and hope for the best?) from what I've seen though.

Tekken is actually really fun though. Didn't like T6 but T5: DR is the shit. People think its incredibly boring and mash friendly but thats hardly the case. If anything, its a 3D version of SF, its all footsies and spacing (as well as knowing your combos), but no projectiles and just less flashy."

Ah, thanks for the info. That is totally not what I imagined they were. It looks really promising from what we've seen, though. As did MvC3 and that turned out really well (genuine remark, I like the game). 

As far as Tekken goes, I may have spoken out of turn. It's funny that you mention 5:DR; I have a few hundred hours clocked on that game. Never got into it quite as seriously as SF, but one of my friends, whom I used to live with, absolutely loved that game, so I ended up playing the crap out of it. 

Lee is so sick. 

@Rhaknar said:
    " i think im just not into fighters as i used to be when i was a wee lad. Im excited about Mk, but in the same sense im always excited about MKs. I play them for a bit, mainly to do all the fatalities, and thats about it. I never took them seriously, so I guess i cant be disapointed. But yeah, starting to think im just not into fighters that much anymore. Oh well "
    I definitely have some empathy for this remark. As much as I love SF, the obnoxious spirit that drives fighting games isn't really for me (not directed at our PS3 community in the slightest), and I find myself becoming salty playing online.  

As far as I'm concerned, fighters are offline games, and taking them online takes away the fun aspect of having that actual human interaction. I guess that's why having a small community seems to emulate the experience somewhat. 

At this point, I just want to play Deus Ex 3...
    Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#461  Edited By Jobo

finally got online today. spent a few wasted minutes trying to join some random lobbies, but everyone quit before I'd get to play. then I got a random player match up, and the guy was a nice little scrub like me, except he could hit me at the right range while I whiffed all over kept failing wesker's teleport LOL. 

yeah this was me:  http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/ 

in a fun way... 

how do I get into the "Legit Room" ?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#462  Edited By Pessh
    @Jobo: I'll inv you next time i see you on
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#463  Edited By AndrewJD
    @VicRattlehead:@thegoldencat7 said:
    "@mubress: Welcome back."  
    Thanks ;) 

@GetEveryone said:
    " @mubress: The near-mythical mubress returns.  My Ken needs beat up, if you ever pick up a copy of Super. "
    A wild MUBRESS appears!!! And your on, Ken mirror matches are actually fun as shit, kara grabs and tatsus all over the place.
    Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By Jobo

Thx Pessh. Got some IM work to do before picking up my little girl from daycare, otherwise I'd be back in there right now :)

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Pessh
    @Jobo: No problem, what's your PSN? Sure I've got you on my list but having a hard time matching up all the new PSNs to their gb usernames. Not Jash530 is it?
    Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By Jobo

you accepted the invite yesterday for Big-Jobo. 

I got 10 minutes (leaving at 530pm), I'll just turn the PS3 for a few  

EDIT thank you sir, I have the invite to Legit Room. see you around sometime :)

Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Jobo

Hard to choose a compatible team while trying to avoid a lot of the old characters... 

Skrull, Wesker, Hulk (can't pass on my first love, lol) doesn't exactly jive well, but I like Wesker's OTG assist - if only I could learn to fight with him, heheh. I like Skrull's teleport-smash, but I fail every third one sometimes and just get beamed by IM or Mag. I need, like, 2 teams. Hulk/maybe Wesker/? and S.Skrull/?/? . Looks like I need a little of everything just to fight through the keep-away games of beamers and Arthur. Heck maybe I'll throw Arthur into my teams, myself... 

Hows the trial and error going for you all so far? Find anything new and fun?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#468  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Jobo: Spencer's Armor Breaker assist works really well with Dormammu's BnBs, too bad Spencer is such garbage. I've also found a really neat reset with Haggar that works about one zoomed-in screen away from the corner. Really easy to hitconfirm and with the Reset leads to almost 800k easy damage. Also Haggar DHCs surprisingly well with Wolverine so woot.

If you're having trouble with beamers just do a neutral super jump with Wesker into gun into teleport and get in on that ass.
    Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By Jobo

@StarvingGamer: thanks bud. Spencer seems fun, I'll run him through training. I can see Wolvie being fun too, and un-used enough from MVC2 to feel new. Dormammu just sort of staggered around for me while I tried to remember all his power-up spells and what to do with them.  I like Haggar too, but get thumb-tied trying to get into range while staying alive. Forget about resets! Sounds great in theory, but can this stuff really be done consistently with a pad? If you guys swear by it, then I'mma haveta grind out some more practice training to see if I can get even close to capable.

My difficulty with beamers (and the rest of things) stems from my lack of twitch speed with the PSN pad. I can't snap a super jump into block or down-H with Haggar or Wesker for their aerial command moves before I get bonked with something silly. Just very clumsy. Of course, I'm going to have to suffer for a while before I can fork out any dough on an arcade stick. A stick might actually work very well for me because I used to be a pretty accomplished old school street fighter 3 player, back when I was a young-un LOL. Now though... who knows. Mebbe I'm over the hill HAH! And I'll have to suffer like a scrub from now on. 

Pad or stick though, this game is hella-fun! I've been trying to get on whenever I had a free hour from work/wife/darling baby girl, but those ain't plentiful...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Jobo: Actually after playing the first 2 days with my stick, I've switched completely to pad. This is mostly because the stick makes too much noise and I sometimes play in the evening when my girlfriend is asleep on our couch. The only things I'm having any trouble with execution-wise is wave dashing consistently. In all fairness though I was originally a pad player back with SFII on SNES so that stuff's ingrained in my muscles.

Keep at it though, pad or stick, and you'll be fine.
    Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By Jobo

@StarvingGamer: ah, well then shame on me! Pessh and some others handily trounced me. Well done guys, sorry I can't keep up with that yet, but I hope to in the future. Hey, s'funny, I can wave dash pretty easily, but will usually screw up the block or attack after it. I put 2 attacks on the R1 button and use it for supers and wave dashing. 

I think Pessh was bummed out :)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Jobo: Yeah I used to have wavedashing on R2 but I'd rather have R1/2 be my assists. My L1 is now mapped to L+H but it's impossible to wavedash that way. I just use my thumb to hit M+H at the same time instead and it usually works. Also I don't think you're actually hitting "Reply" to reply to my posts. If you just type "@StarvingGamer" I don't get the PM.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473  Edited By VicRattlehead

watching gootecks and mike ross im kinda glad gootecks is having the exact same problem im having...  
    why is the person im fighting croutching light always beat mine, when do i attack.... how do i block... oh god i hate this game

i wish i hadda mike ross to teach me :(

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @VicRattlehead: :'(
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By gosukiller
    @VicRattlehead: Do what I do when I'm stumped: 

SUPERJUMP! 

It solves everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VicRattlehead said:
    "why is the person im fighting croutching light always beat mine, when do i attack.... how do i block... oh god i hate this game"
    Word. 

For. 

Word.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By ricetopher
    @VicRattlehead said:
    "why is the person im fighting croutching light always beat mine, when do i attack.... how do i block... "

Just pick Sentinel and mash 2B and launcher

No Caption Provided

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @ricetopher: tbh thats what i started doing... rofl
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By Pessh
    @VicRattlehead: Ask Starving to teach you, he's better than Mike.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By VicRattlehead

how do i go about playing someone with a 1st rank? random ranked match or can you player match?

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By ricetopher
    @VicRattlehead: Has to be ranked
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#482  Edited By Legend
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " how do i go about playing someone with a 1st rank? random ranked match or can you player match? "
    If you're trying to get the trophy, you can only do so in ranked matches. You'll need to reach 4th Lord (or Judge, Scout, Ranger.. etc) before you can get frequent matches against people ranked 1st Lord and higher.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Anyone in for some mahvel tonight?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Brodehouse: I would be if I didn't have work at 5AM tomorrow morning
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485  Edited By VicRattlehead

is this shit dead or are people still interested in playing marvel on here

pessh???? hasiiiiiiii????  mubress?????????? gosuuuuuu???
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By Pessh

Playing Super lol

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By VicRattlehead

:'(

Jobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By Jobo

I'm playing when I can, but the couple times I went up against summa you GiantBombers I got destroyed. Think I'm destined for eternal scrubdom. I push buttons when I should block, and miss super moves all over the place with the analog pad, rofl. Totally outmatched. :D

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By gosukiller
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " is this shit dead or are people still interested in playing marvel on here

"
    I got other priorities right now, sorry. Feel like I'm kinda done with fighting games for a while. I totally forgot that I can have fun with other games without the frustrations that I get with fighting games.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#490  Edited By AndrewJD
    @gosukiller said:
    " @VicRattlehead said:
    " is this shit dead or are people still interested in playing marvel on here

"
    I got other priorities right now, sorry. Feel like I'm kinda done with fighting games for a while. I totally forgot that I can have fun with other games without the frustrations that I get with fighting games. "
    Actually just sold my copy of Marvel. I really enjoyed it but unlike SF I didn't feel that need to play it, plus all the time I was playing I felt like I was wasting time that could be used playing SF......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.