Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia III

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

The third game in the open world crime series. Mafia III follows Vietnam veteran, mixed-race Lincoln Clay in 1960s New Bordeaux, when racism is blooming, as he aspires for revenge against those who have harmed his family.

Just got a 8gb update for upcoming DLC

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So even if you haven't bought the season pass you will get this update. There is a whole new area on the map but it is blocked off. It sucks when games do this. I'm lucky and have an unlimited data limit but for all the people who don't it's just 8 GB of wasted data. Publishers shouldn't do crap like this. I can sort of understand it when a game has multiplayer support but for a single player experience I see no point in it other then a gross marketing attempt.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually forgot I had the game installed until this morning when I saw the update come through, it is no longer installed.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the update. I'll uninstall it when I get home. I really enjoyed the game, but I don't really need to go back and play it DLC for it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

better than the 50gb i have to download for doom, made me stop playing that game completely lol

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

8gb does sound about right for turning Mafia 3 into an actual game as opposed to the three missions copy and pasted over and over again.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne did this with the Old Hunters. I'm not a fan.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It sucks when you don't need or want the DLC, but it's fantastic when you do. Can't please everyone.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

8gb does sound about right for turning Mafia 3 into an actual game as opposed to the three missions copy and pasted over and over again.

Nice hyperbole you got there

Since Mafia 3 is a singleplayer game, you can also turn off updates for it if downloading the 8 gigs is that much of an issue. It isn't too high of an amount though, games like Bioshock Infinite had something around 13 gigs just to add in support for French language, something even if you don't live in France or speak French you still had to download it if you wanted Burial at Sea 1 and 2 since it came out before those DLCs did.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@wheresderrick: It certainly is hyperbole, but when put against actual scrutiny that game was severely lacking in diverse content. I loved the first Mafia and I still enjoyed Mafia 2, but man was Mafia 3 a real disappointment. The rinse and repeat nature that the entire game hangs on was a complete bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.