Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Sad Macbook Owners?

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So, my desktop is super old (nearly 7 years) and I only have a 2010 Macbook Pro, which I used for college. To get my gaming fix, I can play some new/indie games (CS:GO, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Dota, Walking Dead) on the Macbook, though I normally boot into Windows to reduce lag.

I'm curious, are there any other sad Macbook owners around? If so, do you dual-boot? What do you play, if anything at all?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EXTomar

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro but I'm not sad. I usually use Steam and watch Dota 2 games on it more than play. That said, I have never been a fan of using laptops for gaming because it requires more hardware (for starters an actual mouse or trackball) and the performance and flexibility isn't there. I have a full desktop machine for that instead of trying to use a laptop.

That said, the latest MacBook Pro models with their absurdly high resolution and graphics might be something to check out.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dual-booted to play Torchlight 2, for a while. I'm debating buying a replacement for my thirteen-year-old PC. For some reason, this thing can't smoothly play games that it clearly should based on the requirements.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I have a Macbook Air that I use for almost everything but I never play games on it, it's just not a great experience. Plus, the trackpad is less than ideal for most games and I can't be bothered to hook up an external mouse. I do have a dedicated gaming PC that doesn't see much use these days, but when I do play PC games I switch to that beast.

Also, I moved this out of General and into the Mac platform forum. Take a look at some of the existing topics here as there are many relevant ones to your issue.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By monetarydread

I have an older MacBook Air (2010 model) that was given to me when I went back to University. I almost never use it though. I find that it is useless for gaming, the keyboard is terrible in comparison to my old Lenovo thinkpad, and I find that the OSX UI is not to my liking.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Nasar7

I am an extremely happy macbook user. I used to have a 2008 MBP (which I bootcamped to play CoD4 and Bioshock on) and I just got a new Macbook Air. I get ~9 hours of battery life, the OS boots up in like 10 seconds on the SSD, and the iCloud integration makes it a joy to use with my iPhone. It's the best laptop I've ever used but it's definitely not for gaming (though the Intel HD 5000 and SSD makes it pretty snappy).

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

I have a 2012 Air, pretty much the best laptop I've ever own, I played Shadow run returns and occasionally prison architect when I'm out of town, said so: Laptops win/mac are kinda bad to play videogames. Even if you have a powerful lap, is kinda shitty: it will get hot, it will get noise, they screen size most likely sucks.

I hardly think is about Macbooks, laptpos and video games they just not a good couple.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.