Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

looks like a fun rip-off of dark souls.

• 70 results
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

You like Lords of the Fallen? What are you... a casual?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It looks like Dark SOuls but set in a much more interesting world so I'm sold.

FonRestorffian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

My first bossfight. Not the smoothest. The starting "tank-like" build is quite a fatso. Use to play as a glass cannon on DS.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just played this game for five hours straight, which is something I never do any more. The two boss fights I've done have been kinda easy and underwhelming so far and the AI can be kinda wonky, but I really like it so far.

It's amazing how much this game took from the Soils games though. Even the potion drinking animation looks very Estus Flask-y.

The couple of times that I died was just from laziness. The combat isn't as unforgiving as a Souls game, but if you get too lazy you can still get fucked up.

The only regret I have so far is getting it on Xbox and not Playstation because those bumpers on the Xbox controller feel like such garbage.

This seems like a pretty solid game to fill time before Bloodborne though. I'm really enjoying it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm downloading it on xbone, it's only 5 gigs too which is surprising.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Reviews are hitting. Seems to be consensus is that it's an easier version of Dark Souls that doesn't have a lot of depth. Mainstream Dark Souls pretty much.

This one quote I think is really interesting from the Eurogamer review:

As the game clock ticked towards 20 hours and beyond, I could never quite shake the feeling that I'd still rather be failing in Dark Souls than succeeding in Lords of the Fallen.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

Reviews are hitting. Seems to be consensus is that it's an easier version of Dark Souls that doesn't have a lot of depth. Mainstream Dark Souls pretty much.

As the game clock ticked towards 20 hours and beyond, I could never quite shake the feeling that I'd still rather be failing in Dark Souls than succeeding in Lords of the Fallen.

Ironic.

I'll find out soon enough and share my thoughts, if it's worth anything.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@zevvion said:

Yeah that's what I'm concerned about. The depth and challenge is the primary reason I love Dark Souls (as well as the open world layout). I don't know if I want a game that just looks like Dark Souls on the surface.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to PCgamer the PC version is borked and crashes all the time on most systems. I'd be careful before picking it up on the PC

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

According to PCgamer the PC version is borked and crashes all the time on most systems. I'd be careful before picking it up on the PC

Guess they are all-in on the Dark Souls feel.

GrimNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It currently has an average score of 70 up on Metacritic but there aren't many reviews up. I think this game is a bit of a wait and see. I hope Vinny or Giantbomb in general does a quick look. I'm really interested to hear their opinion on the game.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No character creation. No sale.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: Apparently it's coming tomorrow, I got 4-14 days free shipping on the original order, but it was like a week before it came out so maybe they adjusted and I get 1 day shipping for that somehow. Hurray?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fredchuckdave: Mine still says Thursday. Let me know what you think if you do get it tomorrow.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: I'll make an impressions thread if there isn't one by then, going to play rogue since even though warrior looks fun it's probably a bit too easy for my taste.

According to Lobos each boss has a specific way to kill them that gets you extra loot, sounds interesting/I suspect dumb rumors in the future.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I've been playing the game for while. It's a pretty decent game so far not great. I'll add in my thoughts once someone makes an impressions thread. I could make one, but I already have two threads on the front page, and I know how the mods are on this site.

(To give an idea of my experience)

The game mimics Dark Souls, but it doesn't have the same quality. Like someone has stated it's like a mainstream version of the soul games. Depending on your preference that could be good or bad. As for me I'm kinda in the middle. The game hasn't distracted me from Shadow Warrior. I'm still having more fun playing that game then Lords of the Fallen right now.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

It seems like something that people will find charming and fine for what it is but no one is being fooled as to what it's going for. I think this is going to be a good example of how saturation and context means a lot for what makes a derivative or heavily inspired title worth people's time. In this case Dark Souls is so specific and so demanding that there's value in little tweaks on the basic formula which has proven to be really strong. If we're showered in games inspired by the success of a game like Spelunky, a lot of which are great, and Darksiders responded to a formula untouched by third parties, then I'm not opposed to something like this in principle.

As for the game itself I don't know if this quite breaks into Darksiders territory to warrant a play but I'm sure it will for some.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it's a lot of fun. It takes a lot of what I like about the souls games and adds some story. Plus I really like the design choices. The cleric armor you start with is awesome.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that makes me scared to play dark souls is that it doesnt seem to explain anything to the player, and i dont really want to spend my time searching the internet for guides. This seems to hold your hand a bit more so i might check it out.

Which is why I think Share/Play has arrived at just the right time. I do like the mystery of the unknown, mind.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've put in about four hours, and so far I'm digging it.

I feel like the developers (still not sure if it's CI or a Deck 13) nailed the sense of weight and impact with the combat. I usually stay away from heavier weapons in these types of games, but they're just so fun to use in this one.

ImBigInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In theory I like the addition of the 'press your luck' elements where the xp multiplier goes up over time and the "bloodstain" xp pool slowly evaporates upon death... but I have to wonder if that's a bit wasted considering how easy the game sounds. There's not a lot of point in pushing things if you can still play it completely safe all the time and still power up to the point where you can handle everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.