Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

Is this game still worth buying

mstrkrft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mstrkrft

Yoah, I'm a new PS3 owner and I was wondering if Little Big Planet is still worth buying to play.  I'm 28 and have fond memories of playing sidescrollers on my SNES.  This is my first console since I trashed my modded Xbox, and I also used to own a PS2, Dreamcast, N64, SNES, and NES before that. 

I bought Infamous as my first game and am having a blast.  But at the same time I'm also trying to decide which game to buy next.  Is LBP that game, or should I play Uncharted 2 first?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I think LBP is great, but LBP2 is coming pretty soon and even if you just want to play the single player part of LBP, that game should drop more in price soon after LBP2 comes out.

Uncharted 2 is an even more excellent game in many ways, but you have many other options too.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EVO
    @mstrkrft said:
    " should I play Uncharted 2 first? "
    No, you should play Uncharted 1 first.
    BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BasketSnake

Once you find the really great creators and get yourself a steady stream of awesome levels (not that it's hard to find it) you won't look back.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By huntad

Yes, LittleBIGPlanet is still worth it as a side scroller. Some of the custom levels are pretty creative. Check em out!

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would play Uncharted 2 first. I would also wait for LBP2.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ryax

little big planet 2 is coming next month, id just wait for it

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond
    @Ryax said:
    little big planet 2 is coming next month, id just wait for it
    No, it's delayed until Jan 2011 now, unfortunately.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shadow

The game is still awesome, has a dedicated userbase, and trust me: the user created levels these days outstrip anything the original creators ever even dreamed of.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

You've probably already made up your mind, OP, but whatever you got, either way, you've made a fine purchase.  I don't know what your living situation is, but I find that either game is great for kids and/or friends/significant other because LittleBIGPlanet is a very easy to get into game that lures kids in like reckless abandon, not that it's meant for children because it can get tough in the Russian levels or whatever they're themed after, while Uncharted 2 is more of a oh, I'd like to watch this type of deal that'll constantly leave you feeling like you're going down a steep drop on a rollercoaster for 15-20 hours. 

I can't really say much for the online multiplayer aspects of each game, so, yeah, stuff.  Also, play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune first because you'll appreciate the second one way, way more, but if you're really strict on funds, then just know you'll be leaving some backstory on the whole Drake/Elena thing behind, the something that can make these characters likable.

cooljeba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By cooljeba

Yes.. It is still being recommended.. I am myself going to buy it.. Make sure you buy the game of the year edition.. as it has additional $30 worth of content for free :) Check this review..
     http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1023181p2.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.