Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Little Nightmares

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 28, 2017

Platformer game for PS4, PC and Xbox One.

Little Nightmares - Big Impressions

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

No love for Little Nightmares? Even if Jeff Bakalar gave it a shout-out some weeks ago?!

A platformer with a very creepy vibe, that seems to combine some puzzle and stealth elements. I had my eyes on this for a while already and grabbed a physical copy right away. I've barely began to play it myself, but I'm already in love with how it looks and feels. Not as obscure as Inside, but definitely creepy.

Also a PS4 Pro title that added a variable 60fps in the day one patch, which I was pleased to see. Seems to run really well so far.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ezekiel

It's alright so far. The puzzles are kind of easy. The hanging guy early in the game was a little heavy-handed.

All those graphics options and none to disable the chromatic aberration and film grain. Do developers use these lens effects because they think their game is ugly and don't want you to see it clearly?

Edit: Puzzles are improving. Game's pretty much what I expected. Satisfied.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy is in the mail, pretty excited, saw some of the gameplay months ago and the style looked fantastic. Oozed with horrific charm. Nice to see all the high scores.

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, it's alot like Inside, which I was not a big fan of. I was hoping the game would be a little darker in tone, but so far, nothing has really shocked or disturbed me. There's a neat little segment in there that's a bit of a call back to a certain segment of Amnesia: the dark descent. Honestly, I thought the visual design would be more abstract and "nightmarish", but there's alot of metal hallways so far.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it for a few hours now. The old title, Hunger, made a lot more sense. I get why they had to change it, though.

Par1val

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat the game and it definitely gets better, but once that happens it ends. It feels even shorter than something like inside.

@ezekiel You're right about the title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I just beat it as well.

While I liked the art design, I thought the gameplay was distinctly mediocre. I had severe trouble judging some distances on the z-axis, and the controls never felt quite right on the 360 controller. It did not help that some of the checkpoints are atrociously placed, forcing me to run trough the same empty spacious rooms after each death -- my own little nightmare, if you will.

Overall, I still did enjoy my time with the yellow dude, though the whole thing lacks depth and polish -- and obviously length. It plays like the first few acts of a longer experience, but it just ends, which is a pity.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By glots

Finished it here as well, could've certainly used a few more hours to it's duration, but I still liked it. Gameplay was okay for me, nothing special admittedly. Balancing on some platforms like the pipes was maybe tad more tricky than it needed to be, but wasn't a huge problem. Game crashed twice on me, which I'm still not too used to on PS4. Only the second one was actually annyoing, because it happened right as I was about to clear a stealth section.

I enjoyed the obscure story, not sure if I missed some glaringly obvious signs of what it all represented (if it did, instead of actually just being a fantastical tale and not a metaphor for a nuclear bomb), but I've never been good at noticing those things.

Well, I just remembered that the Six Edition came with a comic and it's even suppose to have a continuation. Reading that kinda pulled away the mystery, don't know how to feel about that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.