Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Would you play a sequel/follow up to L.A. Noire?

• 66 results
    FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you play a sequel/follow up to L.A. Noire? (373 votes)

Yes/I'd at least give it a shot 82%
    No I would not give it a shot 12%
    L.A.P.D. PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND SHOW ME THE RESULTS 7%

I've been watching Super Best Friends Play L.A. Noire, which is highly entertaining, and it's bringing up fond memories I had with L.A. Noire, what I think was a pretty flawed but one of the more interesting ideas from last gen.

I think this is a good game with interesting ideas that save it from mediocrity. The game was clearly made with a lot of passion and hard work behind it. I'd even say this game is very ambitious...so ambitious they barely know what to do with it. The open world is empty and a lot of the shootouts are boring. But the Ace Attorney-esque interrogation and investigation segments are a lot of fun. I also really love the main detective characters and even the performances from those particular actors. Oh and it's a no brainer the setting is fucking baller.

I don't know, maybe actually playing the game would leave me less positive about the game but it's been on my mind lately and I can't hep but think of the possibilities of a much improved sequel. New York Noire? I'd really like to see Rockstar do this again but a real knockout. At least 9/10 tier.

• 
    musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I actually enjoyed the "twist" that was Phelps turning out to be a total scumbag after seeming like just a standard by the books protagonist.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@fezrock: I understand the complaints. I didn't love all the mechanics or questioning mechanics but I gave them a lot of points for being unique and original. For me that's what a sequel would be great to see because I think the original had a lot of glaring issues.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I would totally play another game in that style. Technology has only improved, and I really enjoyed my time with L.A. Noire for all the faults you could bring up about it. I'd definitely be interested in something which took that idea and refined it somewhat.

Anidem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I would, hell i would even play the supposed Switch re release if they change the 'DOUBT' option to 'FORCE' or something like that because every time I chose that option I would giggle a little because of how aggressive phelp's tone would get. Still it remains an 8/10 - 9/10 game for me

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they keep something similar to the ridiculous lines Cole Phelps spins when you press the Lie button and then slowly back out of. Those were some of the funniest and most memorable parts of the game.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

sure, why not? the game ended up driving me crazy because I hated getting things wrong and thusly reloaded/replayed interviews a lot. And the team bondi drama further soured me on the whole thing retroactively. but conceptually and thematically it was really interesting, so I'd totally be down to play something like that again.

GrizzlyButts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Only if it doesn't have an achievement where you have to drive every type of car in the game. I had fun with it and all the DLC was great.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I would like something along those lines but maybe with a more ambitious approach to the story telling and the world. Less random open world events and more narrative options in the case. Can I plant evidence? Can I get my thuggish partner to lean on a witness or work a false confession? Can I be blinded by the truth in a case because of a dame involved? Let me craft my own story rather than be forced down a story with Detective McBlanderson.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would, but I’d also rather play another game that uses an evolved face tech technology and revolve the gameplay around that. Because as basic as it was, that was still the best part of the game (and that the majority of the cast was in Mad Men). That game became a real bummer as soon as it became a shooter.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Sure, calling everyone a liar for no reason is the best. Also Irish captain guy.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting actual detective games for years, but not if they did it like the first LA Noire.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I felt like L.A. Noire was close to being amazing. It's weird; the open world was probably my favorite part of that game (specifically discovering all the cars), and also probably not a good choice for the game itself. They either needed to let you go full GTA on it (and be able to take out Dan Ryckert) or just make it a bunch of set pieces to better serve the narrative. Also, the face-tech was awesome, but reading faces to solve cases was a far better concept in theory than it proved to be in reality. @jrodrz is correct that the detective stuff is done much more successfully in Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (great game, BTW). I would still love for a sequel to L.A. Noire to come out. Ironing out a few flaws could have made the game something really special.

Also, L.A. Confidential is still fucking rad. I need to go watch it again.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

L.A. Noire wasn't all that bad. It just needs to be spruced up in a few areas and it could be a really good game. I think a well thought out sequel could be really good.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I would love t go back to 1940s or even 1930s LA. espaclly if they tried to keep ist as authentic as possible.

I think period piece narrative games can be really useful. I might not like playing many Assassins Creed games, but I do like how they explore a bit of history. I think the ancient Egypt setting of the next AC game is the most compelling bit for me. I love near east ancient history.

One game that I think could sell like gangbusters, is a GTA set in 1910 Liberty City.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

For sure - especially because I know what it is - for some reason when Noire first came out, I expected it, as a Rockstar game to be a bit more GTA. I still loved it, and it wasn't without jank but it just took a minute of "oh...oh...ok well neat" and I hadn't played anything fairly close to that. It was almost an adventure game - I'm actually interested to see how the Vive missions come out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.