Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Korg DS-10

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

With the help of Korg, a replica of the MS-20 is being made for the DS. Originally only slated for a Japanese release, it was released in North America in November 2008.

Is it worth getting a DSi (instead of a DS) for this?

Avatar image for plastic_buttons
    plastic_buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By plastic_buttons

I guess more specifically, is it worth it for DS-10 Plus?
    This would be my first experience with any kind of synthesizer, so I don't know if the improved functionality with the DSi would be immediately useful to me. But, in the long run, should I just pony up the extra forty for a DSi?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I would say no. The camera and other similar features are something you can find on other electronic devices in a better form while the DSi shop doesn't carry too many gems, especially for someone who has yet to experience the full library of DS games.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yes, , I have the original software and it feels much better due to the improved sound and larger screen size. I am getting Plus also,  You could make animations in Flipnote Studio (free download) and them make some music to accompany it.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Sunjammer

I'm definitely getting plus, but i didn't get my DSi for it. What i will say though is that DS-10 plus fixes pretty much everything i complain about with DS-10 vanilla, and if you are serious about making electronic music on the go with a good softsynth emu and a decent gui that takes itself seriously, i'd get a DSi for this. DS-10 has barely left my DS since i imported it way back. It's that good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.