Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is finally real.

• 78 results
    johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@andorski said:

The reveal made me realize that 90% of the reason why I love KH1+2 is because of the sound track.

That "Simple and Clean" instrumental brought me back a few years, for sure.

Yup. I really dug Kingdom Hearts 1, once two hit and the series started focusing on it's own BS mythology and characters and putting Disney stuff more on the back burner I fell off the series. Even so though, I heard that song and couldn't help but smile, remembering the better times.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I love and hate Kingdom Hearts, so I'm excited and worried. More Disney, less whatever-the-shit, please!

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@solh0und said:

@hailinel said:

@wrighteous86 said:

If this gets good reviews, I may return to the series. All that side-story bullshit with an increasing focus on (lame) original characters and less on Disney chased me away.

Also, EVERYONE IS SORA.

You do realize that without knowledge of those sidestories, you're not going to know what the hell is going on, right?

This and.....this.

After all of the sidestory crap, my interest in the series kinda diminished.

He could just watch the gametrailers timeline video, which explains the story in a much less convoluted way than actually playing those side stories.

Seriously the last third of 3DS was more ridiculous than anything else in the series.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@andorski said:

The reveal made me realize that 90% of the reason why I love KH1+2 is because of the sound track.

That "Simple and Clean" instrumental brought me back a few years, for sure.

The music in the series is simply the best. I remember the moment when this plays with Aqua in BBS and she is told about the boy with the keyblade that will save everyone. One of the best moments in the series.

Loading Video...

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love and hate Kingdom Hearts, so I'm excited and worried. More Disney, less whatever-the-shit, please!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@hailinel said:

@wrighteous86 said:

If this gets good reviews, I may return to the series. All that side-story bullshit with an increasing focus on (lame) original characters and less on Disney chased me away.

Also, EVERYONE IS SORA.

You do realize that without knowledge of those sidestories, you're not going to know what the hell is going on, right?

I'm aware of the plot. And, if 3 winds up being THAT good, it might be motivation enough to play the 2 I haven't played: PSP and 3DS.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ryuku_ryosake: It was 14 and it's unscheduled rebuild that held up square so much. Now that the MMOs are out of the door things should pick up a bit.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked the whimsical idea behind KH so more of it is fine by me as long as they don't take it too seriously.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By AngelN7

I think that trailer was pretty much Sony saying "come on guys you have to give us something" maybe now that is comming to PS4 they will actually finish it... but I don't know I liked BBS but I don't care all that much about the series as of now, maybe once they show the new Disney worlds they will win me over... I'm way more excited about FFXV.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

@explodemode: Final Fantasy XIII was before 14 could mess with it and that still took like 5 years after it was announced to come out. So SE wasn't necessarily working at any reasonable speed before 14 clogged up the works.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ExplodeMode
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#63  Edited By jacksukeru

I'm glad I got back to and finished Dream Drop Distance just in time for this.

Alright, just in time to wait another 2 years (at least) but still.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By liquiddragon

It doesn't seem to be exclusive and looks to be super early in development but looked pretty cool.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I literally screamed & jumped off my seat and full body jumped on my cousin while my brother almost died and my friend was finally sold on a PS4.

FUCKING HYPED

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Cincaid

Since I'm in Sweden I missed the Sony conference, but did they ever confirm or talk about KH3 / FFXV being Sony exclusive? It seems the wiki editor of the page here assumes so, but trying to look up information regarding it says nothing about it. I know, for example, on the Microsoft conference it always said clearly "Xbox One Exclusive" after every trailer for a game that was actually exclusive, maybe Sony was just a bit more vague on this? Thanks.

Edit: Eurogamer, for example, says there's no confirmation of it yet.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I freaked out in excitement, I mean i was just happy versus was looking good but KH3 was waay beyond expectations. I mean it basically locked me into being a ps4. The best part is, talking to some real life friends whom i dont usually discuss stuff like this with, they all were most excited for kh above all else. To be honest I thought I was alone in my love for KH.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I could not have grinned any harder. I've been waiting for this game since I finished KH2 almost 7 years ago! (My god I was 16 back then...)

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

FUCKIN FINALLY

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

At last! I am so excited for this, easily my game of show right there and all it took was an announcement trailer haha. My only worry is how long Versus has been in development and I hope this isn't an indication as to how long we'll have to wait for KH3.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That bit they showed looked real smooth. I was super into Kingdom Hearts once upon a time, despite never playing any of them. By the time I could (Birth by Sleep), I had lost interest.

I just might pick up this 1.5 thing though and deep dive right in.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sayishere

I really like Kingdom Hearts, even the crazy ass story. The story, like many things, it takes time and abit of research to fully understand and enjoy it. Its crazy and over the top, but it all meshes together well. I will be eagerly waiting for this to come out, however long it takes. Already waited long enough, so it makes no difference lol. FINALLY A CONSOLE KINGDOM HEARTS, NONE OF THIS HANDHELD BS.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Is this a Ps4 exclusive or multi platform?

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@bizzama: What if I told you if neither KH 3 or FF XV were PS4 exclusives?

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I loved KH1, and KH2. But i never bothered to invest in the side stories they kept releasing over the years on the mobile platforms. Hopefully i don't need any of that story to enjoy KH3.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Shaka999

I dunno about you guys, but I REALLY dig the art style. I was wondering how they'd handle the jump, and they did it well.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Petiew

Hopefully i don't need any of that story to enjoy KH3.

I haven't played the PSP or 3DS games but from what I've heard they're very important, and also very ridiculous.

@extomar said:

I always liked the whimsical idea behind KH so more of it is fine by me as long as they don't take it too seriously.

KH takes its own fiction way too seriously, I'd say you're out of luck.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew said:

@extomar said:

KH takes its own fiction way too seriously, I'd say you're out of luck.

You must have forgotten the missions in some of the scenarios. That is a funny definition of taking itself seriously. :)

Stories need to be consistent with their own "internal logic" but video game writers get into trouble going too far. We need to know the crew from Toy Story World needs help not that the Heartless are tripple crossing Sora in a complex series of random happenstances that are really "all apart of my plan!!"

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#79  Edited By MildMolasses

Oh, they got you again!

They haven't even gotten around to getting Versus XIII (or FF XV? I was confused about that) out the door and they are already announcing their next project.

Kingdom Hearts III for PS5

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Petiew

@extomar: Yeah you're right in that the entire thing isn't totally serious. But I'd argue that from Chain of Memories onwards there was a big shift towards their own original fiction. The many Xehanorts, keyblade wielders, the Organisation, the nobodies, etc. There's a big difference between what they were going for in the first game compared to the others.

The disney aspect seems to me like an afterthought now. I really liked the Disney villain alliance in the first game. I'm not too interested in the real identities of the nobodies or who'll be the next person to get a keyblade. That stuff which is taking up more and more of the game is played seriously.

tirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOW IN DEVELOPMENT

That thing isn't real yet.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bets on release date? Anyone? Anyone?

GermanBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GermanBomber

Next gen Final Fantasy...next gen Kingdom Hearts...you can call me a fool (I'm still pretty psyched about the Sony conference) but I have a good feeling about this...the GOLDEN age of Playstation has just begun! ^^

I...can...feel...it...!

bizzama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blatantninja23: Doesn't matter, I'm still gonna go for the PS4- it's $100 cheaper and doesn't have any of this DRM/online authentication crap (though it's really the price difference that sealed the deal for me, I don't really care about the DRM/online authentication stuff all that much).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.