Killzone comes to PlayStation 4.

Only Saves At Chapters?

bobber205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

On the first real chapter. Wanted to do some other stuff, like Resogun, for awhile so I got to a checkpoint, then quit.

Loaded up the game later and it made me REDO the entire part where you get ammo, etc. Everything I had done in that whole chapter?

What's this crappy saving scheme? Anyway to get it to load my checkpoint?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

BF4 does the same thing. It kept my unlocks, but I really didn't want play through the level again. :(

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man that sucks. I've been taking breaks after every chapter so I haven't realized.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By killer_meatballs

I was just going to start a thread on this, when I checked the forum. I'm only on Chapter 2, the part where you have to put C4 on the turrets and quit the game.

When I started it back up, I was at the very beginning of the level. I thought maybe it was a glitch, but didn't recall seeing a "Saving" icon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
    deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

What a complete bummer. Made it almost through one of the tougher chapters (for me anyways), hit a checkpoint, then had to leave. I come back and bam! I'm not loving the game so far and that totally pushed me further away. It took a lot of willpower to finally get through that chapter, but haven't touched it since.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It saves are more than just chapters. It saves at every major section within in a chapter as well but what the game fails to communicate to the player is when those hard saves happen. It's the biggest reason I'll just play one chapter at a time now regardless so that I know when I've hit a concrete hard save.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zirilius I did notice that towards what I think is the end of Chapter 2, a "Checkpoint" icon popped up on the lower left of the screen. It was pretty small though, (well, could be my 39" tv, don't laugh!)

I quit after that, but hopefully that's where I'll start up when I play it again.

I agree with @vermisean that it pushed me away from the game as well. If I were a better gamer, it probably wouldn't bother me as much, but since I struggle at times, having to start at the beginning time and again is frustrating.

But you would think playing the same part multiple times, I'd be better at it by now!

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was frustrated by this as well. The first freaking Halo had a better save system than this game

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can confirm from other forums that it's got savegame/checkpoint issues. Works fine for most, but people have lost progress, been booted back to the start of a chapter for no clear reason.

"PlayStation, QuickSave"

Dear yosp..

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It saves at major sections. When you look at the main menu, you can see each large chunk of the level listed in the chapter select. So no, it doesn't save at every checkpoint, but it does save throughout the level. However, I'm not sure how you can tell when you reach a new section within a level. That's the sketchy part.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yeah this can definitely be annoying. I had to redo the "Crashed Ship/Intel/Tower/AA Gun" sequence like 7 times.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

The Vita game Mercenaries did this too, which I found even more ridiculous because its a portable game, short bursts people! I must've played through that first Chapter at least 4 times...

It makes me not want to go back to it because I've got to go in thinking 'have I got time to complete a chapter, how long will this be?'

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.