Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 16, 2017

When a new league of supervillains threatens alternate-universe Earth, it's up to Batman's crew of superheroes (and their shaky alliance with Superman's ruthless Regime) to stop them.

How to deal with Deadshot?

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jagerxbomb

Every Deadshot I've played sits on the other side of the screen and just shoots. Ok, fine, duck. Then he shoots a zig zag thing. Try to jump, he does a machine gun move.

There has to be a way to deal with this. Are you supposed to just not pick close-attack characters, or is there something any character can do to counter?

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are you playing as? Some characters are better than others at dealing with ranged opponents ("zoners").

Anyone with teleportation-style movement (Supergirl, Darkseid, Doctor Fate) eats Deadshot and his ilk for breakfast. Characters with air-dashes or screen-clearing jumps (Super-peeps, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman with Hermes-bless, Cheetah, G-Grodd) can get in a zoner's face and wreck it (although they need to be carefull about timing.) Characters with armor (Bane, Grodd) can use that to ignore Deadshot and throw him around the stage. Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Firestorm and their kinds can shoot it out with Deadshot.

From what I've seen, Aquaman can be damn near a hard-counter to Deadshot. His trident-throw is fast, powerful and does a hell of a lot of damage, and the tenta-attack crosses damn near the entire screen, doesn't telegraph well, can be tricky to block, can be meter-burned, and can launch a nasty combo.

NDEddieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meter Burn roll is also helpful to get in. The trick then is staying in of course.

StormTPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teleport characters blow up Deadshot hard, from everything I've read and seen. Supergirl, Darkseid, and Scarecrow are a few examples. Outside of that, just use roll escapes, as they cover a ton of space on the stage.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Have you ever played Street Fighter? If so, I bet you're familiar with a certain Yoga master by the name of Dhalsim. You can't beat Dhalsim at range (unless you're guile), you need to get in on him. More than that, you need to chase him. Pressure him. Keep hitting the bugger; he ain't no good at close range compared to most characters. Just haunt his ass until he messes up, and then punish him for it.

If you're having trouble getting in, you can always walk him down. Walk forward, block. Walk forward, block. Until he's at the edge of the screen. Then it's your turn.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The kneel shot can only push you back so many times since the 5 shot is a meter burn. The angled shot is a nightmare so dash forward instead of jump depending on your character. Like @do_the_manta_ray said you will need to chase him instead of hanging back. same goes with Dr. Fate who can be used in similar fashion. You will get punished if you jump in so either FF Dash or Roll Dash to close the gap.

Some characters have anti-projectile moves. Black Canary's D+F+3 is such a move but I find the timing for it to be a little wonky on when the dodge is actually happening. Catwomna's D+F+2 is the same but is a stationary dodge. Supergirl and Flash can outpace the bullets if you are comfortable dodging the bullets. Captain Cold, Dr. Fate, and Green Arrow should be able to outzone. Green Lantern can put up the shield to negate the knockback of the bullets and mitigate most of the damage.

It's a crappy tactic but one you can learn to counter.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hoping his popularity is just an early cheese tactic that new players will get over in the coming weeks.

Derpderpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont know whats cool, the guy who played brainiac or the controller swish

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are you playing as? Some characters are better than others at dealing with ranged opponents ("zoners").

Anyone with teleportation-style movement (Supergirl, Darkseid, Doctor Fate) eats Deadshot and his ilk for breakfast. Characters with air-dashes or screen-clearing jumps (Super-peeps, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman with Hermes-bless, Cheetah, G-Grodd) can get in a zoner's face and wreck it (although they need to be carefull about timing.) Characters with armor (Bane, Grodd) can use that to ignore Deadshot and throw him around the stage. Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Firestorm and their kinds can shoot it out with Deadshot.

From what I've seen, Aquaman can be damn near a hard-counter to Deadshot. His trident-throw is fast, powerful and does a hell of a lot of damage, and the tenta-attack crosses damn near the entire screen, doesn't telegraph well, can be tricky to block, can be meter-burned, and can launch a nasty combo.

I play mostly as Robin. I've since been playing with Supergirl. In true life fashion, I haven't fought any Deadshots since switching to her. I'll be ready.

Derpderpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasakamov said:

I play mostly as Robin. I've since been playing with Supergirl. In true life fashion, I haven't fought any Deadshots since switching to her. I'll be ready.

In every fighting games like tekken , mk or injustice like these, observing combo patterns is key. let your enemy know you are a dumbass but in reality, you were just waiting for the right time to combo. That's what I do in tekken and MKX. Juggle is a good start of a combo.

PS. just sayin. its a case to case basis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.