Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Hitman Gets New Content

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ivdamke

For those who don't watch the trailer the new content is sadly not Season 2 but it does include:

• 1 New Campaign (Involving the 4 new missions below)
    • 4 New Missions (from the looks of the trailer, similar treatment as Movie Set Sapienza and Night Time Marrakesh as it shows daytime Colorado and Night Time Bangkok)
    • New costumes and weapons with themed escalations involving them (3 costumes and 3 weapons shown)

Pricing and delivery method doesn't seem to be clear for people who already own the full package, so that's a wait and see.

EDIT: Existing owners can upgrade to GOTY edition for $20, people looking to buy the full game will be fronting up $60 and it seems they don't intend on doing a physical release of it.

More specific info here:https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

And for all of you that missed out:

– Elusive Target Re-activation

Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just in time for a Hitsmas: Part 2

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Players who missed Elusive Targets will also get another chance provided they didn't attempt the missions yet.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Awesome. I'm ready to revisit HITMAN (especially in 4K!).

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love the game and want to support them, but I must say 20$ sounds a tad too steep for what they are offering.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeushbien: Definitely agree with you, $10-15 would've been much more suitable.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need another 2-3 hour Hitsmas in my life!

thevole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By thevole

According to the trailer, Giant Bomb was the only one who awarded it Game of the Year. So, technically, we have the duders to thank for the title.

I’ve got no problems with the price tag. I’m happy to support indie devs...

w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's $20 (USD) for those who have purchased the game before. IMHO, a very good deal for a now independent studio of one of the best games of last year. Can't wait!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit, Elluseves are coming back? Now I have to get it.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Is all the money going to IO? I don't want Square Enix getting any of my money for this, fucking idiots.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: QFT. I was late to the Hitman party and was always bummed I couldn't get the elusive targets.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played much of the game myself, but I like what I've seen from the devs at IO, love the Hitman content here, and would be happy to help keep it alive.

I'm sure Brad is thrilled! New Hitman video please.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

https://wccftech.com/xbox-one-x-hitman-4k-hdr-fps/

Loading Video...

The Xbox One X version gets a trailer here. Nothing overly surprising, but nice to see the confirmation of full 4K or 60 FPS options, in addition to HDR. They did some additional texture/lighting work as well. That this patch is day and date of the Xbox One X launch is awesome. I'm definitely firing up some HITMAN to check out the new campaign and see it in all its graphical glory next week.

I encourage people to pick this GOTY edition up. HITMAN is great, and IO going independent means that they may well need this to hit (pun unintended) for a proper Season 2 to happen. It certainly seems like they've been doing some work behind the scenes and found a way to deliver more HITMAN here, and re-opening the Elusive Targets is a cool thing for those who jumped on board a little later. If nothing else, $20 is a pretty cheap way to say thanks to IO for their work so far and support them in the future.

Also, we need another Hitsmas stream.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-08-io-interactive-confirms-that-theres-a-new-hitman-in-the-works

"One last thing about our next Hitman game; I want to let you know that we’re making great progress and we have exciting new features and some franchise firsts, which we can’t wait to tell you all about. You’ll have to wait a little longer as we don’t plan to start talking about that until some point in 2018."

Wonder if they keep the Season feature or if this'll be a whole new thing. Just good to hear there's something in the works.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: That's very interesting that they refer to it as the "next Hitman game" rather than Season 2.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@ivdamke said:

@glots: That's very interesting that they refer to it as the "next Hitman game" rather than Season 2.

Yeah. Wonder if they're gonna make the new one to from the ground up be built to work as a service.

IIRC 2016 Hitman was gonna be a traditional release but then flipped the script and went episodic. Maybe there's some internal stuff still in there that's not so accomodating to another whole season being directly integrated into it?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A TV series could be good. A movie has enough time to focus on a single hit while trying to throw in twists for why it takes ~2 hours to tell. A TV series can have 3-5 hits a season so stories are shorter and more concise.

Or the whole thing sucks anyway.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who on Earth cares so much about "costumes" and weapons in a Hitman game? What, you wanna use a rocket launcher while sneaking around?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.