Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Blizzard giving away 20 free heroes when you login between April 25 - May 22!

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Blizzard is launching HotS 2.0, and they're giving away 4 different bundles of 20 heroes if you login during the specified time. That's a pretty insane deal, since individual heroes can range in price from $5-$10. If you were on the fence about trying the game, or just like free stuff, just download the client and login. Check out more info here.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How many heroes are in the game now?

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I think they have crossed at least 50 by now.

EDIT: 66 heroes if my counting is correct.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta use this, this game is my vacation from league when i get tired. Sorta turn off my brain and teamfight over and over again. Assassin bundle for me

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own 90 percent of those, but I'm always up for saving a bit of my gold...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Great! Been wanting to jump into this game and try it out but the pay-per-hero model REALLY turns me off. This might be just what I need.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've consistently had a great time with HotS every time I return to it. I've played from Bronze MMR back in the beta, all the way up to top 10 NA Grandmaster in season 2. I'd recommend any one interested in a team fight, brawling focused MOBA without dated quirks like last hit and one map to give this a shot. Shit pops off in the first minute and I love that it respects the players time.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By NeoCalypso

@sarnecki said:

I own 90 percent of those, but I'm always up for saving a bit of my gold...

My understanding is they aren't giving away the heroes themselves, but instead giving away enough gems to buy a hero pack. So if you already own most of the heroes you can instead buy chests or something.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're only giving 100 gems(which is roughly $1 I believe) and then putting up 4 character packs that each cost 100 gems. Pretty sure 100 gems would only get you 1 chest.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this is a specific thing with cheap bundles and free gems. I own all the heroes already but if you want to dip your toes into the game it's pretty great. I recently started to play on the US servers a bit, so this is cool for me too.

I'm always looking for people to play with btw. :) ... readme#1736

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cool! Very excited for 2.0. Not sure if I'm gonna grab a pack with the one or two heroes I want, or the pack that has the most heroes I don't own. Probably the latter, so I can get shards instead of heroes if one of em drops in a loot pack, as much as I'd like to try Valeera and Zuljin.

I came pretty damn close to spending money on this at times, so the whole switch to Overwatch-style loot boxes with all their premium costumes being potential drops is great to see.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take everything I've ever said about this game back, don't play it. Or at least don't try to take it seriously.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tothenines said:

I take everything I've ever said about this game back, don't play it. Or at least don't try to take it seriously.

lol, quite the reaction. What rubbed you the wrong way?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.