Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

New Expansion is called Witchwood

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I really hate the boss design for the Dungeon Runs/Monster Hunt. I'm not gonna pretend I have an answer for how to fix it, but it's insanely frustrating to feel like you've wasted 45 minutes because the 6th-8th boss you happen to RNG into hardcounters the deck you've built. I've had multiple Monster Hunt runs end because my combo deck ran into the clock guy who constantly reshuffles your hand, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat Azalina Soulthief as Houndmaster Shaw when I never had any opportunities to add board clears to my deck. I wish they'd weigh bosses based on which hero you're playing or even which type of deck packs you've been choosing.

@noobsmog: I also lost a run to that guy in which he basically Priest OTK'd me somewhere around turn 4-6, but with a bunch of Divine Strengths (1 mana +1/+2) followed by however many Inner Rages (0 mana +2/-1) it took to kill me. It just feels like some bosses are such horseshit.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I enjoy Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt generally but I HATE playing as Toki. I don't think I've won more than 3 games in a run as her, and it felt like a fucking miracle I made it that far. As soon as I can finish that quest, I'll never touch her again.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By BisonHero

@asmo917: Yeah, she is very easily the worst of the 4. Unlike the other characters, her hero power isn't broken in and of itself, and there's really no treasure that upgrades it to make it better. Sure, it allows you to reroll RNG effects to come out either more in your favour (Mad Bomber, Arcane Missiles, etc.) or to discover a particular card (Primordial Glyph, etc.) but that isn't actually THAT powerful since even when you rewind with the power sometimes you get unlucky the second time as well. But like, the Tracker hero power is essentially "draw 1-2 cards out of thin air every turn in the late game", the Houndmaster hero power is "make a Rush 1/1 or a Rush 3/1 or even a Rush 3/3 depending on which treasures you pick", and the cannoneer hero power is "hit the middle of the enemy board for 1-4 damage, possibly repeatable", and Toki's power of "reroll minor RNG effects to come out the way you want them slightly more often" just isn't very impressive.

I've won as Toki 2-3 times, and most of the runs that go far are the ones where you get Double Time, and then try to draft "Wild Magic" since those are usually cards that can't accidentally target your own face (it's Arcane Missiles, Greater Arcane Missiles, Cinderstorm, Flamecannon, stuff like that), and try to take stuff like Blizzard and Flamestrike as well.

One time I somehow beat Monster Hunt with a Toki Mech deck, but it feels weak as fuck and I think I got extraordinarily lucky on the final boss. I can't recommend minion-focused builds with Toki, since you end up barely using hero power in those situations. It feels like everything about her hero style is garbage except for how powerful Double Time can be. Also, take Stroke of Midnight if you're ever offered it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.