Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Combat Evolved

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2001

One of the launch titles of the original Xbox, Halo: Combat Evolved is a sci-fi first-person shooter telling the tale of an advanced cybernetic super-soldier known as the "Master Chief".

So... this multiplayer thing?

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By minotaka

The biggest question on my mind is this:  What will be happening with the multiplayer?

343 have already said that the maps will be comming to reach - ok thats cool, means they're tailoring to the fans right?, i dig that. My question is pointing towards a newer lvling up system, as im assuming H:CEA will have its own new system for multiplayer?? or will it??? 

If it does, what would be the point?  i guess achievements and things...   Now don't get me wrong, i love Halo, and i'll be picking this up for sure..  But is there much point in leaving the Reach multiplayer  if it's getting everything aswell?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hatking

I'm guessing that it will be just like ODST.  The single player campaign will be on one DVD while the 'complete' Halo Reach multiplayer will be on another.  The Halo Reach multiplayer will essentially be Halo Reach sans the campaign. 

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By finstern

From all the information I have heard so far, it seems to be that Halo story is the Halo 1 engine with some updates and the competitive multiplayer is the reach engine with a specific playlist with seperate leveling. Not sure if it will be a single disc or two, one campaign and one multiplayer like ODST.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

Anniversary is not getting its own multiplayer component. Aside from the updated campaign from Halo: CE, there are going to be 7 maps included (1 firefight, 6 normal) that are recreations of classic Halo series maps for Halo: Reach's matchmaking - shortly after the release of CE:A, those maps will be made available as DLC for Halo: Reach. 

343 are working on a title update to make Reach feel more like classic Halo (Overshield and Invisibility powerups on the 'classic' versions of these new maps, no weapon bloom, melee bleedthrough, etc) that will be unveiled at Halo Fest, which happens at PAX next week. The TU will bring in 'Anniversary' playlists into Reach that use the new gameplay changes and these new maps when they come out.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By salad10203

Yea, its basically a map pack...sadly.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By minotaka

Ahh thanks for clearing that up, all. Even though it basically comes down to a mappack, i'm still signed on for it! :))

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

They're also adding more options for custom games. You'll be able to remove bloom and other things to give it a more classic feel. Hopefully they will have a playlist with these settings as well.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Slaker117
    @SpikeSpiegel: They are.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By big_jon

It's better that it ships with Reach maps than the alternative.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DonPixel

@salad10203 said:

A map pack with some of the best maps mankin has ever created - nothing sad about it really.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b575d47c632
    deactivated-58b575d47c632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DonPixel said:

@salad10203 said:

A map pack with some of the best maps mankin has ever created - nothing sad about it really.

yah. not sad AT ALL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.