Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Covenant Weapons Video

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Gotta say they don't sound too bad. Needler looks a bit too overpowered though. Also, I am excited that the Beam Rifle is back; with it being absent from Reach, it's good to see that the Covenant now has a "proper" sniper rifle again.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

That sword assassination was a thing of beauty!

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DharmaBum

Phew, no dubstep. I hope they tweaked the Concussion Rifle, it was super annoying in Reach but had potential.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Green_Incarnate

With all those other weapons (almost a majority of one hit kills), you're going to say the needler is overpowered?

bloodfarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bloodfarts

Did that video start w/ a glimpse of Narrows?

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

@Green_Incarnate said:

With all those other weapons (almost a majority of one hit kills), you're going to say the needler is overpowered?

Which weapons are you referring to? Fuel Rod Cannon? That's basically the Covenant equivalent to a Rocket Launcher so it kind of fits. Energy Sword? That's always been a one hit kill in every Halo. Gravity Hammer? Same as the Energy Sword; it's always been a one hit kill. The Needler in Halo hasn't been that strong before; with the clips they showed, it killed people far more quickly than it ever has before.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By jillsandwich

Carbine's back, that's great.

Except, I'll probably just expect it to supercombine constantly after playing approximately 1 million games of Elite Slayer in Reach. Needle Rifle is pretty great.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Fosssil

@DharmaBum said:

I hope they tweaked the Concussion Rifle, it was super annoying in Reach but had potential.

I think I read somewhere that they've beefed up the knockback effect. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, honestly. There are times when it has worked against me in a 1v1 and it's the most annoying thing ever, but at the same time it's also a great defense against sprinting Sword kids.

Really glad to see the Beam Rifle back, if only because it means that I won't have to put up with any more Magnum secondaries in Team Snipers.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Shaka999

Great, the Needler is now even easier to use. Grrr. Although I'm kinda digging the new sound on the hammer.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WarlordPayne

The focus rifle, needle rifle, and repeater were three of my favorite weapons in Reach. I liked that they weren't just copies of the human weapons with slight differences, they served the same purposes as their human equivalents but with different functionality. I'm really disappointed that they went back to the standard stuff from the earlier games.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Tarsier

@Cyrus_Saren said:

Gotta say they don't sound too bad. Needler looks a bit too overpowered though. Also, I am excited that the Beam Rifle is back; with it being absent from Reach, it's good to see that the Covenant now has a "proper" sniper rifle again.

the needler is an ordinance drop so i dont think its over powered

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

@Tarsier said:

@Cyrus_Saren said:

the needler is an ordinance drop so i dont think its over powered

True, that might make it not seem as overpowered.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By big_jon

@Fosssil said:

@DharmaBum said:

I hope they tweaked the Concussion Rifle, it was super annoying in Reach but had potential.

I think I read somewhere that they've beefed up the knockback effect. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, honestly. There are times when it has worked against me in a 1v1 and it's the most annoying thing ever, but at the same time it's also a great defense against sprinting Sword kids.

Really glad to see the Beam Rifle back, if only because it means that I won't have to put up with any more Magnum secondaries in Team Snipers.

I loved that thing, used it often to stop shotgun and sword guys on Count down, I just hope it is a little less janky feeling in that it is more about damage, and less about screwing with the physics ,and pushing you everywhere/turning the Warthog into a flyer.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'm digging the sound design.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.