Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gun

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 08, 2005

GUN is a third person action/adventure game setting you loose into 1800s America, where law is lost and crime runs rampant.

Anyone able to beat Reed after Steamboat?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By WickedCobra03

I am having a heck of a time taking down Reed at the Steamboat.  He has an armored horse it seems so it is not even worth going after that.  And then you can also not let him out of your sight due to him just regenerating health when you let him out of your sight.

I get knocked off my horse due to him killing it within seconds, I pound off headshot after headshot and he never really brings his health lower.  Does anyone else have any good strategies to get past this part in the game? 

I am playing this for eat-sleep-games's Gameclub and want to finish it off.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

This was probably the hardest boss on insane difficulty.  If I remember correctly, you need to place a dynamite trap (the beach worked best for me, right after he jumps down from the higher ground next to it).  I placed a bunch to make sure he would hit them, then unloaded as many shots as I could after he hit it.  You'll have to do it a few times.  Just keep using the scenery as cover until he gets into position again.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedCobra03
    Origina1Penguin said:
    This was probably the hardest boss on insane difficulty.  If I remember correctly, you need to place a dynamite trap ... [more]
    Should I stay on the horse?  And as for scenery, do you mean rocks, the boat...ect?
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Get off the horse to place the dynamite and when you're taking cover (use the rocks).  Get on the horse right before he hits the dynamite, because the horse gets damaged instead of you.  After he recovers and rides off again from your ambush, get off the horse (if it's not dead already) and set dynamite again.  If your horse dies or is near death, try to grab another nearby horse (if any of those are still alive) then return to the rocks.

You can try other locations or strategies, but that's how I beat it on insane.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WickedCobra03

Alright!, thanks.  I will go try!

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss
    WickedCobra03 said:
    I am having a heck of a time taking down Reed at the Steamboat.  He has an armored horse it ... [more]
    It's definitely possible, since I remember beating that game in roughly a weekend. Try looking up some hints and tips on other websites, or Google that mofo'.

Good luck!
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WickedCobra03
    End_Boss said:
    WickedCobra03 said: I am having a heck of a time taking down Reed at the Steamboat.  He has an armored ... [more]
    Yeah, to anyone else having problems, take a few tries that you are just going to throw away and count towards getting the locations of the Wiskey Bottles down, and get the horses in position in which it will be easy to get on instead of at the boarders of the map.

Also, don't lose sight of the guy... I mean I did for a few seconds here and there, but try to keep up with him as much as possible otherwise he will re-generate his health bar and it will just draw out the battle that much longer and make it that much harder.

Also, I don't think those Wiskey Bottles which set him on fire when thrown do any damage?!?  I chucked 3 of them his way and hit him spot on and they did nothing other them give him a flaming horse for a minute or two...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.