Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The fifth main installment of the Guilty Gear series returns to its fighting game roots, featuring a new game engine with 3D graphics (with special rendering techniques to give the illusion of hand-drawn character art).

This has just been silently released on Steam

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kubqo

The most important thing - it's priced at 28€, so i assume it's 30$ for US(?). But right now its discounted by 20% until 16th (which makes it 22€ and 24$ respectively).

Seems like it has Steam achievements, Trading cards, Controller support, online multiplayer and some PC settings thrown in for a good measure. It even contains optional Japanese audio. And apparently all DLCs included (*Sin, Elphelt and Leo can be unlocked using in-game currency).

From first reactions it looks like a solid port. There are almost no technical issues being reported so far, other than some issues with fighting sticks compatibility and upscaling from 720p and of course online does not work 100% right on launch.

As much as i personally hate fighting games, i JUST LOVE looking at this game. It's so gorgeous, so i might pick this up if it goes on winter sale. Pricing it at half seems amazing. Hopefully there will be enough people playing online.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

It's $23.99 USD which is 20% off for the week of release.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mike: so 24 is base price or discounted?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Bought this during the night, played a little bit in training. Any other people new to the airdashers/GG on steam who wants to play? I only know how to street fighter: :C

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ZURD

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It doesn't help that the past Blazblue pc ports got pretty negative reviews. Along with that isn't a new one out already in arcades? I'm pretty sure people are just waiting for that to get a console release.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By DocHaus

Yes I know Revelator is going to come out in about 3-4 months but dammit this game is fun and I don't have to buy a PS4 just to play it with people now! Currently flailing around with Ramlethal whenever I actually find the time to play games in between work and social obligations, but I'm having a lot of fun with Xrd. Besides, it's only $30 with all the DLC, and that's before it goes on sale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.