Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto

Franchise »

Grand Theft Auto is a sandbox-violence game, that has drawn attention all over the world, and has pretty much become one of the most noticeable criminal-sandbox franchises ever.

the next GTA.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

What would you guys like to see in the next GTA game, personally I really enjoyed the 3 different characters from GTA V, so if they keep the multiple characters going in the next installation if 1 was a dirty cop (Vic Mackey from the shield style) being able to twist the law to suit your needs ect

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By alternate

come back in 3 or 4 years son.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

*cough* Vice City *cough*

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I want multiplayer a bit more like Burnout Paradise. You know, with objectives in the open world like everybody get 5 seconds of air time or everybody meet up at the airport and barrel roll over everybody else. Or at the very least I'd like the missions to take place in freemode. So if I'm in an open world with 15 other players and I want to start a mission I don't have to load into a matchmaking lobby, then set a bunch of variables then load into the mission and then at the end there is a results screen and then a vote and then you just bail out to freemode anyway. I just want the mission to load into the world and if people want to help out that's cool, if they want to fuck with you, that's cool too, or they could just ignore you. The gang attacks, crate drops and marked cars for Simeon are a sort of half step in this direction.

I want the singleplayer to be more like Dark Souls singleplayer. I want to pick up an extra person or two at the bar or something to make any mission a co-op mission. I want other people to come into my game and fuck it up. Like, if my mission is to take a package somewhere and deliver it, I want someone else to have a mission to follow me and steal the package, or kill my contact or something. Basically I want it to feel like I'm not the only insane criminal in the city.

BigBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see more guns and guns improvements or combinations

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A female lead character would be an interesting step and finally blow that whole "female characters can't sell video games" guff out of the water.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

LONDON.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Barring the creation of an original setting, a return to Vice City would be nice. I could take or leave a female lead. I think a female lead would be much more interesting in a new Bully.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A story that isn't absurdly long. Have three main characters with three consecutive stories or something. Make it feel not as tediously long to complete the game as the previous ones have been. Make the tone serious again as well. Tone down the overt amount of the GTA-staple satire.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA: 1908

Mash X to turn that hand crank before you get BUSTED!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

How about online heists? That sounds like an amazing feature that I'd totally buy a GTA game for.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've said it for years. Make a gta that takes place in the 20s and have it center on a gang of bootleggers.

TheRealDjango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're gonna go for Vice City, considering that's the most requested location from the community.

Torbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Orleans and the surrounding area.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ezekiel
    • A story about stealing cars.
    • The game to be co-developed by a racing dev. I want first-person driving, manual transmissions, realistic traction, acceleration and breaking, etc.
    • Denser traffic. Chases to me are more exhilarating when they involve delicate maneuvers.
    • One female character. There can be a guy or two to please the frat boys.
    • The map to be part of a mainland instead of an island. I also want the streets to be less grid-like.
    • Maturer humor and a better script. Hire a real writer.
    • The story to be blended better with the gameplay. I don't want there to be so many cutscenes and mission markers.
    • A sense of urgency, which most open world games lack.
    • More interiors. Elaborate interiors.
    • More responsive and tighter foot controls. Euphoria can stay, but the gameplay is prime.
    • A bigger punishment for murdering civilians, or the character to acknowledge that they are a psychopath in the story if the player does. If the player is caught for a serious crime, I want a Game Over instead of jail time.
    • I don't know if GTA V has the carrying system from Max Payne 3, but I want that.
    • Children.
    • A vast countryside with good level design. Too many countrysides in games are empty.
    • An advanced melee system. I want shooting to be secondary.
    PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if they went back in time to the alcohol prohibition days in the US? That could be interesting and bring some well needed fresh ideas into GTA. The cars, activities, cloths and weapons would all be old school.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wikitoups

GTA = Greater Toronto Area

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pr1mus

GTA V-2.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Better writing and a story that isn't the same old immature satire of the American dream.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've said it for years. Make a gta that takes place in the 20s and have it center on a gang of bootleggers.

This. Maybe the 20s or 30s. Or maybe in the WWII era (late 30s - early40s). That'd be cool.

But as far as just little changes over GTA V, I don't know if I have any. I enjoyed my time with it, and I didn't find it to be quite as tedious to get through as GTA IV or San Andreas. I actually finished it and enjoyed doing so.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like it to be set in the wild west

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would like to see them ignore any of the suggestions i've read so far in this thread.

Seriously though i don't know, it's probably 5 years away anyway so any suggestions here will probably be obsolete anyway, i think the modern day USA setting is getting a little tired though. Maybe take it to the UK.

I can't understand people asking for mature humour or cutting out the satire. Also some of these suggested settings... You guys realise at a certain point it no longer fills the mission statement and if they were going to do these things they would make the game under a different name. Personally i would rather see Rockstar pursue two or three other releases of different settings and time periods in place of another GTA at this point.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that just Red Dead Redemption?

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pimblycharles said:

@yesiamaduck said:

Isn't that just Red Dead Redemption?

Loading Video...

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By MannyMAR

I want GTA VI: Tokyo Drift.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would you guys like to see in the next GTA game, personally I really enjoyed the 3 different characters from GTA V, so if they keep the multiple characters going in the next installation if 1 was a dirty cop (Vic Mackey from the shield style) being able to twist the law to suit your needs ect

I didn't like the 3 protagonist thing at all. I really hope they don't go in this direction for the next one. I'd like to be able to customize my character like GTA: San Andreas or at the very least a single protagonist. The loading screens switching between them was a drag, and everything just didn't feel right.

Personally I think San Andreas is still the strongest in the franchise. I want something like that but in a new area they haven't visited yet. I definitely don't want 3 protagonist Miami.

A few other things:

• I hated the stock market and online phone stuff.
    • I didn't like the online at all, it felt clunky and unorganized. There is such a huge potential here for an online GTA game but I think they lacked in execution this time around. I mean just look at how terrible the character creator was.
    liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By liquiddragon

Seems like they've lost some good writing staff since gta4. Rdr and gtav had far weaker roster of characters so rockstar needs to pick some more talented writers as that's where they use to shine. Gameplay wise they are heading in the right direction so I'm excited what's next.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Less breadth to the world and more depth.

I want smaller areas, but I want to be able to go into every building and have more meaningful NPCs in a smaller area.

Keep it in one 'hood, know what I'm sayin? I don't need a map the size of Small State that only has select meaningful areas.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I got this, I got this: Grand Theft Russia.

There's never been a better time

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take it back to London, or some fictional working class port city since Rockstar doesn't do real world locations any more.

Or an outlandish 60's biker gang theme, like what Ride to Hell was supposed to be originally.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm done with it at this point... I don't think there's any game franchise that I once loved so much that I could give less of a fuck about anymore.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forget GTA.

Give me more Red Dead and a Samurai game in the same vain.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Either London or Tokyo inspired locale.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Red Dead Redemption 2 (or is that just Red Dead 3 now?)

Then I would really like a London themed GTA. I highly doubt they'll move away from US style locations though so presumably another Vice City styled game. I do wonder though if they will go back to a period piece though. GTAIV and V have both been modern settings - do they chance their arm at the 80s again?

Actually fuck it. Bully 2 but set at University.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.