Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 27, 2002

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is the second 3D game in the series and sixth original title. It features more of the same sand-box action-adventure gameplay with a new 1980s setting, new characters, new weapons and much more.

damn Vice City is so classic...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

GTA Vice City remains to this day my favourite Vice City. It has the best soundtrack and the best city, it was released on the Mac App store late last year, as soon as that bitch goes on sale I'mma picking it up.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mandude

@Hizang said:

GTA Vice City remains to this day my favourite Vice City.

Vice City's my favourite Vice city too. Nah, I don't think I've played nearly any game more than GTAIII, but once Vice City came out, I must have sunk about a billion hours into that too...It definitely had the best music and setting. I think the series generally fell into decline after that. San Andreas was good, but took itself far too seriously...

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Well, i think GTA IV went down hill, but anything before it is awesome. There were some awesome missions in Vice City...i remember that crazy Scottish bastard!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

Yes, I love it and Ray Liotta was awesome.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

Vice City was incredible. I never expected that sort of polish in a big open game like that. It blew my 12 year old mind.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

Such a great game, IV had such a boring setting and humour in comparison. Hope they pick it up for V otherwise they will be in Saints Row's shadow, after all The Third was incredible.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Hizang

@mandude: But San Andreas has Jetpacks...

@Sooty: I couldn't agree more, I will always say to everybody that GTAIV should have been more like Saints Row The Third, why they took that in a serious direction is beyond me.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By buzz_killington

Damned straight. My favorite game of all time.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikey87144

GTA IV and San Andreas were objectively better games than Vice City but it remains my favorite one. I beat Vice City 12 times, all on my PC, and would love to replay that again.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By duskvamp

Vice City is definitely my favourite GTA. I'd pop it on and just drive around listening to the radio. The setting was brilliant, I was really disappointed with IV.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard

@Hizang said:

GTA Vice City remains to this day my favourite Vice City. It has the best soundtrack and the best city, it was released on the Mac App store late last year, as soon as that bitch goes on sale I'mma picking it up.

Phahahahahaa.

But seriously, GTA:VC is definitely my favourite too. Whilst SA might have been "better", nothing can beat VC's atmosphere and setting. IV doesn't even come close.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Death_Unicorn

@Doctorchimp said:

Vice City was incredible. I never expected that sort of polish in a big open game like that. It blew my 12 year old mind.

You were a smart twelve year old. My twelve year old mind was killing hookers.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MideonNViscera

Seems pretty much everyone feels Vice City was the best game, and that San Andreas' strength was all the crap they managed to cram into it. GTA4 was severely lacking in fun factor compared to those 2.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mandude

@Hizang: Aye, granted, that is a good point, but not at any point did I ever get the feeling that the whole thing was a parody of gangster violence, so much as a story about gangster violence with some comedy in it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Ben_H

Vice City has always been my favourite.  It's such a good game.  The music is amazing.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Winternet

GTA: VC is definitely my favorite GTA game. The setting, the characters, the dialogues, the music. Man, what an absolute masterpiece.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mosespippy

I've 100% completed Vice City 6 or 7 times. I don't even need the guide anymore. I was thinking about playing it again recently but I have a suspicion that HD remakes will be out on PS3 this year because GTA V will be pushed to 2013 and TakeTwo needs a R* release (not counting Max Payne 3 because no one will buy that).

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Drizzle

How were the story line and overall missions in GTAIII, VC, & SA? I might be a minority here but as a teenager all i did was "Left,down,right,up,left,down,right,up,L1,R1,L2,R2". I unfortunately never touched any of the missions

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Castiel

Yep Vice City is still the best game out of all the GTA games and people who don't like it doesn't deserve to be loved, that includes tested's own Will Smith who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mandude
    @The_Drizzle: Strange. Playing GTA1, that was literally all I did. I wasn't even aware of the missions in the game.

Vice City was especially good if you ever watched any of Al Pacino's gangster movies, mainly Scarface. The other 2 were forgettable, and SA was just terrible.
    Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlastProcessing

I was 12 when that game came out, and I remember thinking of it as the second coming. Playing it today, it's still pretty solid, hopefully Rockstar plans one day to return to Vice City (But still set in the 80s, modern day Miami is boing, just compare the Miami Vice show to the crap Colin Farrel movie).

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Sooty

@The_Drizzle said:

How were the story line and overall missions in GTAIII, VC, & SA? I might be a minority here but as a teenager all i did was "Left,down,right,up,left,down,right,up,L1,R1,L2,R2". I unfortunately never touched any of the missions

Vice City was pretty cliche but it was still fun and has some good characters, mission wise I thought it was excellent. III is probably the weakest of them all mission and story wise, San Andreas is really good but suffers from having too big a map sometimes.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By haffy

Vice citys considered a classic now? Doesn't even seem that old to me lol.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By YoungFrey

It added a lot of enjoyable stuff, but I felt it ruined some core things from 3.  I thought the driving in 3 was hands down better.  And they added a really annoying sunset effect that would utterly blind me every few minutes.   And while I enjoy 80s nostalgia, I don't want to revel in it endlessly like I did with 3.  Better than San Andreas at least.  

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By dichemstys

@haffy said:

Vice citys considered a classic now? Doesn't even seem that old to me lol.

It's ten years old about a week ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.