Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo Sport

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 17, 2017

Polyphony Digital's driving simulator comes to PlayStation 4 with a strong focus on competitive online multiplayer.

Are they implying that this track is like 100ish miles long?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Okay so I was browsing the official GT Sport website and there are actually a few bits of info that I haven't heard much about but something that smacked me in the face is this:

Dirt Course (New track)

From the Rocky Mountains to the Mexican border, the Dirt Course treats you to the beauty of America’s Midwest. The path winds its way through cactus fields and desert shrubbery, over sand and rocks. Also, with a number of elevation changes throughout the long course and the slick driving surface, it’s sure to represent a fun challenge for even the serious off-roader.

Now that sounds pretty interesting to me as it seems to imply that this is a hand crafted course that goes from the Rocky Mountains to the Mexico border. And looking at wikipedia the Rockies extend from Canada down to New Mexico. And while I don't have an exact figure looking at google earth there is a good 100 or so mile stretch between the Rockies and the Mexico border.

At first I thought that this could just be a tileset for a course generator like what we have seen in GT5 and 6 but when they use words like "elevation changes throughout the long course" It makes me think that this is a handcrafted static course and not something being spit out by a procedural course generator.

If this is the case thats pretty insane and could lead to some interesting racing Paris-Dakar style.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No. It lets you drive from the Rocky Mountains to the Mexican border in the same way that Horizon 2 let you drive all over Europe.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There needs to be some long ass endurance races not on a circuit like in I-racing

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No. It lets you drive from the Rocky Mountains to the Mexican border in the same way that Horizon 2 let you drive all over Europe.

Even if it was one fourth the real distance it would still be pretty dang long.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By notnert427

I'm picturing low-level Polyphony Digital staff meticulously laser-scanning the New Mexico desert and it's making me laugh. Mostly because that sounds like something they might actually do.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They let us drive on the moon once. I'm still waiting on Tourist Trophy 2 with an Isle of Man mountain course. :(

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@hunkulese said:

Even if it was one fourth the real distance it would still be pretty dang long.

It'll simply be whatever fractional proportion of the real distance that makes for a good videogame racing level.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really it could go either way. This is a game from the guys who brought you the 24h endurance race. It's not like long races aren't at home in a gran turismo game. I would not be surprised either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.