Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2007

God of War II continues the story of Kratos as he wields his newly-bestowed god-like powers, much to the dismay and fear of the other gods.

Blood?

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheDrifter

Right, so I'm 14, I've been looking up GoW2, I want to play it however my parents don't like the M-rating....regardless of that, I see the ESRB gave it an M due to blood yet in the videos on youtube and what I've seen, all I see is Red health orbs..

is this a mistake on my part or the ESRB?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

There is plenty of blood, though it might be hard to see in low-quality videos.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Kohe321

There is plenty of blood, ripping demons in half, and other awesomeness...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

GoW is plenty bloody and gory, but since its only a PS2 game especially, Youtube quality videos look worse than they look for even better looking games. It is definitely very very violent. Also, naked chicks are present.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

Yeah it's quite an "adult" game but it's also very fantasy oriented. I personally wouldn't have a problem with my 14-year old playing it. Would that make me an irresponsible parent?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

There is a lot of blood. Don't kid yourself. Still, the whole presentation is done in a fantastical way that it isn't disturbing. However, it is still definitely an M rating, with the nude sex scenes also a reason.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DXSSI

There is blood—tons of it.  However, a responsible 14-year-old can handle it.  Have you played God of War I, yet?  They're not much different in terms of content, and story-wise, you would be well-served to play them in order.

As for the sex scenes—the women are topless, not nude, and the sex is entirely off-camera.  It is gratuitously implied what is happening, but you never get to see it.  If your parents are going to freak because you saw female nipples, the God of War series is not for you.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, definitely not the kind of game your parents are going to want you to be playing. Though really, you should be asking about God of War 1 instead, since it's a far better game.

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheDrifter
    DXSSI said:
    "There is blood—tons of it.  However, a responsible 14-year-old can handle it.  Have you played God of War I, yet?  They're not much different in terms of content, and story-wise, you would be well-served to play them in order.
    Have'nt played I yet. Want too...but I heard GoW 2 was better
    TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheDrifter

Bumpity doo

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By OmegaPirate
    get2sammyb said:
    "Yeah it's quite an "adult" game but it's also very fantasy oriented. I personally wouldn't have a problem with my 14-year old playing it. Would that make me an irresponsible parent?"
    Dude you have a kid?? 
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By fr0br0

Look at High Definition videos on Gametrailers and see for yourself how bloody it is. But make sure your parents don't see you looking at the video or you're in for a ass whoopin'...

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By CreamyGoodness

ze blood is zere

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheDrifter
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "Look at High Definition videos on Gametrailers and see for yourself how bloody it is. But make sure your parents don't see you looking at the video or you're in for a ass whoopin'..."
    LOL

okay. Will do.
    TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheDrifter

Holy shit, Did he just rip a guy's eye out?

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By DragoonKain1687

There is lots of blood, cutting people in half, ripping off monters arms and cutting them in half with it. Ripping heads with your own hands, removing eyes in a non surgical way with no annestethia. Sex mini games, nudity, lots of nipples xD and over the top violence. But anyone 14+ should be familiar with this stuff. Movies after all are more permissive to what they can show for some reason.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yep, there's actually a bonus play item you get when you rip out twenty Cyclops eyes. That should give you an idea of the level of violence present in these games. However, as has been pointed out its done in such a stylish way that it just seems like part of the action and not gratuitous in a bad way.

Both games are pretty much the same with many of the same enemies, kills, and weapons appearing between both of them. While this would usually be said to be lazy in this situation it's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. You'll likely learn something about the general trappings of Greek mythology to boot.

Oh yeah and there are plenty of topless chicks running around. Apparently Goddesses and chicks in war zones like to leave the girls hanging out.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
    TheDrifter said:
    "Right, so I'm 14, I've been looking up GoW2, I want to play it however my parents don't like the M-rating....regardless of that, I see the ESRB gave it an M due to blood yet in the videos on youtube and what I've seen, all I see is Red health orbs..is this a mistake on my part or the ESRB?"
    Oh, there's blood. And tits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.