Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God Hand

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 14, 2006

God Hand is a 3D third-person beat-'em-up game featuring Resident Evil-style "tank controls", irreverent humor, and over-the-top action.

The best game ever made - GOD HAND

abhaybilthare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By abhaybilthare

I want all the gamers to reply first weather they have played Godhand or not.

If not, go for ps2 or pcsx2 whatever you have & play it.

I have played many games from hack n slash to fps & rpg's and beat'em ups too but Godhand is the best game that I have ever played.

The gameplay the humour & the bosses everything would entertain you.

I need a sequel to this game.

Reply what are your favourite games & have you played Godhand or not?

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Some musical accompaniment for this thread:

Loading Video...

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'll admit it's pretty good but I think in order for it to truly be "the best game" it would have to have some movement/camera changes away from its tank controls.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Of course I have! It's outstanding, and certainly up there as one of my favorites. The unique combat system and humanoid enemies in a genre that's full of generic demons helps it stand out to this day. I'm awful at it, but it's a ton of fun.

Loading Video...

The Giant Bomb folks were talking on the Vanquish stream today about what they'd want out of Shinji Mikami, and Capcom, and I'd love to see him try his hand at another one. Or if not God Hand, then another beat 'em up in a similar vein.

Incidentally, I'd love to watch Dan play it. I think he'd get a kick out of it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it, it was cool but i never finished it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT
    @katpottz said:

I'll admit it's pretty good but I think in order for it to truly be "the best game" it would have to have some movement/camera changes away from its tank controls.

What it if moved like a Souls game. Now that'd be something.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

God Hand is really excellent but I've never finished it. Mikami and his team(s) know how to make really mechanically satisfying games.

abhaybilthare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chango: I have beaten it 4 times in easy mode &once in medium.

Not even tried hard mode

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I wish more games had it's style of so mechanically laying out its moveset and letting you customize it. It's interesting to experiment and grow your moveset and also I appreciate that level of letting a game be a game. You don't see stuff like that in many action games.

I think it's really cool.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By liquiddragon

I actually beat it for the 1st time just a couple days ago. It's a ton of fun and I'd definitely recommend it, especially these days, seeing as people tend to look for a bit of a challenge. I got okay at it but I mainly stayed on level 2. Got to level 3 once and never got to level DIE so I guess the difficulty balance was near perfect for me. Did all of the challenges and clocked about 15-16 hours.

Really, REALLY, silly character stuff, god-tier soundtrack, and a ridiculously satisfying combat system. While every character action game copied Devil May Cry, Mikami said, "fuck that, I'm Shinji Mikami" and proceeded to make the most punk-ass game of all time.

The only major problem I had with the game was the lack of manual targeting. Crowd control can be an issue when auto targeting keeps you from killing specific types of enemies. When you're trying to kill the dominatrix-y whip ladies but the auto targeting keeps fucking you over from doing that, it can be real frustrating.

Still, if you got your PS3 still plugged in, $10 on the PSN is a steal.

It would also be great for a Vinnyvania like feature.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.