Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Glittermitten Grove

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 13, 2016

Help faeries harvest berries and survive the cold winter in this game from Mostly Tigerproof.

Frog Fractions 2 = Glittermitten Grove

• 58 results
    clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

The jig is up!

Frog Fractions 2 has been discovered. It is a game called Glittermitten Grove. There was news about it earlier today, but I just PM'd Twinbeard through Kickstarter (I was a backer) and got my code through Humble Bundle.

Besides that.....

All I can confirm is I got a code for "Frog Fractions 2" and it is indeed this game. See you guys after I finish it...or if Frog Fractions 2 can ever be finished...or if Frog Fractions 2 was really us all along...

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So...anyone know how to access FF2?

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@error52 said:

So...anyone know how to access FF2?

If you mean, how does one access it, Glittermitten Grove is available on Steam. If you are talking about a deeper, metaphorical way of how does one become one with Frog Fractions 2, I do not know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

EDIT: Nevermind, listened to Jeff talking to Jim about it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The guy who thought My Summer Car was Frog Fractions 2 was good for a laugh. What an entertaining thread that was.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I accessed it, thanks to Kotaku: Keep digging down until you find a door. That starts FF2.

I just started playing it and already it's making me import a Mass Effect 2 file. This is gonna be great.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Ok, it's great to know we can all believe in love again. I need to check this out.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*looks up and points* Oh hey, the jig!

I'm (almost) disappointed that it wasn't tucked into some obscure productivity software or something instead of a game. Still, putting a sequel to a "game within a game" game within a game that's a game within a game has lead me to type this sentence just now, so all is well. Especially since some people had to play games within games and games without games to discover that this game's game isn't just this game and the game within this game, but is also a game within this game that is a game within a game. Pretty sneaky, sis.

Then again, IS Frog Fractions 2 really Frog Fractions 2? I want to believe that this is a second jig hiding the downward status of the original jig, which is still deftly hiding within Hatred.

peachesrcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By peachesrcool
    bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to know what this is all about, but...can anyone who's played say whether it's worth the $20?

HENTAIKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does anyone know where to find the yellow key? i think i've got everything except it

krushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hentaiking said:

does anyone know where to find the yellow key? i think i've got everything except it

Is that to open the employees only area in the gift shoppe?

you can use the bridge to get in there.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I thought it was more like Frog Fractions 2 ⊂ Glittermitten Grove? Some might say... it is only a fraction of Glittermitten Grove.

ExK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ExK4

@krushr: How? You need to cross 4, but the bridge only crosses 3.E

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I don't want to KNOW know, but I need to know if it's what I want before I buy it but not sure I can do that without spoiling it for myself.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Cirdain

Fun cryptic comments, articles and behind-the-scenes stuff are great but £14.99 - in the wake of the steam sale - needs some 'formal reviews' to convince me.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Yeah, I'm excited to know what this game is like, but I also don't want to pay 20 euro just to find out.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was going to be a joke that never actually happened, also surprised it costs money. I remember frog fractions as a free web game that was kinda funny.

Actinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got all the symbols except the purple version of the water symbol and i have no idea what to do now? Do i need to get the frog to do something else?

superlauth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By superlauth

Can anybody help me with the gift shop stuff

I'm pretty sure it's where I supposed to go next, but I don't really understand the time aspect

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm stuck at the frog part. I can get it to push the blue crate, grab the blue key, and open the blue door, but then a gorilla shows up and the frog flips out.

For context, I am missing 2 shapes and 2 of the shapes that I DO have are still yellow (the up arrow and the yen symbol)

Actinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Actinium

@superlauth, if you don't have the cyan key and access to the clock manipulator in the very first screen you'll have a hard time getting into the gift shop, if you do then just set the time to between 6 and 9 pm and the doors will be open, although i still never found the yellow key you can use the bridge to get into the back room but there's nothing useful in there, you can get a can of orange paint much earlier than the one in there.

@bbalpert, you're only like 2 steps from being where I am. Tell the frog to throw (little house shape) his fruit (6 looking thing) at the gorilla (clubs, same as gorillas on other screens). After one more equally absurd problem I won't spoil yet arises the frog will push the crate and get you the yellow water symbol. I forget off hand where the purple yen is but the up arrow is on the second screen where the character color changer is, interact with the face person while you have the sword without actually cutting him.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@actinium: Thanks so so much!! I could have sworn I tried that, but apparently not. And now to figure out this next bit... (although if it involves having the diamond shape, I haven't found that yet. I'm assuming the 2 I'm missing are the diamond and the water symbols?)

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TonyBlue87

Ok, how do I get the goddamn sword? I feel like I'm supposed to be bringing it back from the toaster game, but I can't figure out how to actually get it.

EDIT: Well, I found a video, so I'll answer my own question. After grabbing the sword in the toaster game, intentionally crash above one of the cracks in the floor.

Actinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: Yeah, you'll need to find the diamond for this last one. I also forget where that one originally was, but i think both the yellow and purple versions were hidden among clusters of gems since they're the same shape.

Crispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crispy

I've beaten the game, so I'll try to offer any tips when I can.

@cirdain said:

Fun cryptic comments, articles and behind-the-scenes stuff are great but £14.99 - in the wake of the steam sale - needs some 'formal reviews' to convince me.

I disliked pretty much every moment I spent with the ASCII overworld. Some of the gameplay vignettes were good/clever, but every time I had to return to the overworld with that clumsy sword, a part of me died inside.

@actinium said:

I got all the symbols except the purple version of the water symbol and i have no idea what to do now? Do i need to get the frog to do something else?

You have to "learn" the language and converse with the Frog. Use context clues to figure out what each letter represents. You need all letters, excluding the Wave, to progress. After getting the Wave symbol, tell the Frog to enter the water (Up Arrow, Wave).

Can anybody help me with the gift shop stuff

I'm pretty sure it's where I supposed to go next, but I don't really understand the time aspect

You have to set the clock to sometime between 6-9 PM to enter the Shop, and then use the Bridge to maneuver your way into the Employees Only area. Worth noting: it's not actually necessary to enter that area, seeing as how there's another can of paint elsewhere.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@actinium: Ah-HA! Thanks, that was exactly the hint I needed!

Actinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superlauth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By superlauth

@crispy: Any hints as to where the wave symbol is? I feel like I'm missing that one and maybe the symbol for crate (which I can see in the corner of the gem factory, but not get to).

edit: Oh snap, just got the crate symbol a different place

Crispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superlauth: You need all symbols *except* the wave (because you get it during the dialogue with the frog).

superlauth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crispy: Oh, I see. I got it now. I'm at the part where the frog gets a call and the cat wants fruit or something, but there's a couple of symbols I haven't parsed.

RedTheBard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been stuck on the frog section for an hour now, and I can't seem to decipher this language at all. I have every letter but the waves, for obvious reasons, and I just can't seem to get it going. Any hints on what certain symbols mean? I've only been ably to parse what the nouns are, the blue box, the fish bowl, and the cat picture, and I'm even still fuzzy on which symbol means him, and which one means me.

Crispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been stuck on the frog section for an hour now, and I can't seem to decipher this language at all. I have every letter but the waves, for obvious reasons, and I just can't seem to get it going. Any hints on what certain symbols mean? I've only been ably to parse what the nouns are, the blue box, the fish bowl, and the cat picture, and I'm even still fuzzy on which symbol means him, and which one means me.

- Eat, - Can/Could(?), - Fresh, - No/Not, - Thanks/Joy, - Question mark

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Am I an idiot? I can't figure out what to do, I keep getting blocked by too many gems at the very start and I feel like Im missing something mega obvious... Im probably an idiot...

EDIT: Confirmed I am an idiot, nevermind.

Dolvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dolvak

I got the orange paint from the shop with the bridge, I have no idea where to go next now that im orange. Help?

Artea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can somebody help me out here? I just got the time Mushyn, I've talked to the frog and got him to get me the water item. I just have no idea what to do/where to go now.

Artea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dolvak: Try out your glowing sword in the first area.

Dolvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artea: God thanks I have been running around for the better part of an hour. I think one of the biggest issues with this thing is lack of direction. It can't decide if it wants to be a game or the final part of a complex ARG.

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I an idiot? I can't figure out what to do, I keep getting blocked by too many gems at the very start and I feel like Im missing something mega obvious... Im probably an idiot...

That's intentional, not being able to pick up gems when you're full up is both a puzzle mechanic and an important game play mechanic later. Just go somewhere else for now. You'll eventually obtain a way to bypass the gems.

For everyone that is certainly past where I am, I'm stuck about (what is probably) 2/3rds though. I just gained access to the Clock room thing, used it to gain access to the gift shoppe, get the orange paint, get to the top mind stone in the jump puzzle room, but I don't know what to do next. I've found a few other purple symbols, but I can't think of what's next. I have the key/female, snake, house, signpost, bomb, infinity and square root purple symbols, but I'm missing the gem/diamond, club, note, up arrow, micro/µ, and the scroll/lantern purple symbols (as well as any not listed). Any tips for where to go next?

pyromanfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pyromanfo

@pkmnfrk: How do you get the top mind stone in the jump puzzle room? I already have the orange paint from the employee's only room

JuxJuxJux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Milun

@pyromanfo: You need to get the green key in the jump room, then get covered in paint (it removes the green key).

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By selbie

I've finished the game (I think -- are there different endings?) and there were some really funny moments. The experience of shaving Obama's beard was something only a video game could achieve XD

andrew_helenek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By andrew_helenek

I think I finished the game as well.

@selbieAfter I helped the frog and got the last translation the game started glitching out and I had to run back through txt world while getting chased by a ghost.Once I got back to the starting place near the storage the game stopped glitching out and there was another portal.I went through it and it triggered the credits.Then some wild fairy stuff happened with the whole years passing by fast until a sun was revealed with a memo saying something bad happened to the trees. Was this similar to you?

If that was indeed the ending this game was absolutely incredible. Loved it throughout. +1

totriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I missed the microphone minigame but still got to the end.

Anyone can point me to where is that minigame?

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milun said:

@pyromanfo: You need to get the green key in the jump room, then get covered in paint (it removes the green key).

You also need to fill up on gems so you don't wipe out the platform of gems.

pyromanfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pyromanfo

@pkmnfrk: Yup that was my problem, thanks!

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The "base" game is actually pretty damn addicting, lol

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew_helenek: Yes I got the same ending. As far as I can tell there are no other purple symbols to collect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.