Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 25, 2014

The third main installment in the Geometry Wars franchise, developed by Lucid Games. Dimensions is the first entry in the series to be in 3D.

PC display issues at full screen 1080p.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

Figured I'd post this up as this has just taken me over an hour to sort out. There can be issues when trying to run this game at full screen 1080p and your display may just go black.

At the moment the only solution seems to be running the game in a lower resolution and in windowed mode. I had to swap back to a VGA cable just to get into the game settings though so if you're running over DVI or HDMI you may want to try this if you have a VGA cable lying around.

Hope this helps any duders having issues :)

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the heads up. I am not having this issue running the game at 1440p, but this info is good to know.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Windowed Borderless fixes the problem as well. Anytime there is weird FPS issues I change resolution and a rule of thumb just to be sure.

They issued a patch on PC today but not sure what it fixes.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I just got it on PC, and I have a new GeForce GTX 980 too, and it was running kind of chuggy in a way that made playing it really weird. Any idea how I might unlock the frame rate?

Maybe I'll just try running it at 720p until they fix it. There have been workarounds with other games like DeadRising 3 though with a text file or something. If anybody has any ideas that would be great.

At least I can get the game to run and display.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mormonwarrior: Go to borderless windowed mode. That fixed it for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.