Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

We are the Gears of War...2: Horde Mode Run

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JokerFrown

Hello all you Happy People,

Its me. JokerFrown. So yesterday, I spent some time in Gears of War 2's Horde Mode after posting This Thread about my anticipation of Gears of War 3. I recorded the run on my video camera. I got a good 20 minutes into the game before I got kicked for some reason... Here is the footage.

While I did have fun, the game just doesn't flow as well as Gears of War 3's beta even did. There is noticeable latency in the gameplay in these videos that is even more noticeable when playing competitive multiplayer. Gears of War still offers my absolute favorite gameplay of any shooter series on the market today. It still feels fresh all of these years later in my mind. It takes much more skill the Call of Duty's fairly mindless gameplay. I can see why that is polarizing for many folks who are "good" at CoD because Gears is a completely different beast. Anyways, I really wanted to share this run with yous guys and get your opinions on how I did and junk. More videos will follow.

Also, I am still thinking about how I am going to do a Catherine run. Just need to figure it out. =D

Hugs 'n Kisses,

-JokerFrown

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JokerFrown

Hello all you Happy People,

Its me. JokerFrown. So yesterday, I spent some time in Gears of War 2's Horde Mode after posting This Thread about my anticipation of Gears of War 3. I recorded the run on my video camera. I got a good 20 minutes into the game before I got kicked for some reason... Here is the footage.

While I did have fun, the game just doesn't flow as well as Gears of War 3's beta even did. There is noticeable latency in the gameplay in these videos that is even more noticeable when playing competitive multiplayer. Gears of War still offers my absolute favorite gameplay of any shooter series on the market today. It still feels fresh all of these years later in my mind. It takes much more skill the Call of Duty's fairly mindless gameplay. I can see why that is polarizing for many folks who are "good" at CoD because Gears is a completely different beast. Anyways, I really wanted to share this run with yous guys and get your opinions on how I did and junk. More videos will follow.

Also, I am still thinking about how I am going to do a Catherine run. Just need to figure it out. =D

Hugs 'n Kisses,

-JokerFrown

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Burns09

Horde Morde?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Sorry, I tried, I can't watch off cam footage, its too....disconnected.

But hey, if you had fun, all's well in the world.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

Gears 3 made me realize how much I hate the direction EPIC took Gears 2 in terms of movement and feel. I went back into Gears 2 recently and it all just felt wrong. The movement was too slow and the lack of having any decent framerate during online matches just sucks. I can't wait for Gears 3 though after playing through that beta, that game feels hella smooth. Just from that Gears 3 beta I can safely say that

Gears 3 > Gears 1 >>>> Gears 2

Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
    CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dis is awesum!! omg i cant wait for GoW3 its guna be soo f***in gud yall!! :)

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By amomjc

@CallofSpartansofWar1337 said:

dis is awesum!! omg i cant wait for GoW3 its guna be soo f***in gud yall!! :)

I can't help but feel that spelling your words like this takes more effort then to just say it correctly.

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JokerFrown

@csoup: Dude. You totally made me lol.

@Afroman269: I agree completely. Gears 2 feels like you are a tank compared to Gears 3. While I still completely enjoy a good round of Horde, the game does just feel...off after the dozens of hours sunk into the Gears 3 beta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.