Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears of War 2 Gets Title Updated (Again)

• 64 results
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I'm not happy about execution rules on Annex either...

Still fun though.

Ashthecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Ashthecat

One of the fixes was this:
    "An issue where bots were unable to kick over a shield that was planted backward"

AHH!  Being able to plant shields backwards so the locust couldn't kick it down was one of the only things that allowed us to live through all 50 waves in Horde.

Now it's gonna be a lot harder to get through them all.  It'll require much more teamwork and skill.
    I'm glad I got the Horde achievements before this was fixed.

quag19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By quag19

how about we go back to making the shotgun free aim good like gears one   that actually took skill     or fix the fact that half of my sniper shots on an immobile enemy go through his head.  oh and why did we make the boomshot more powerful and even a cheaper weapon than the first?  And the number one mistake goes to dadada da yes removing unranked matches that people could join through matchmacking   so you know when we have 7 people in a private party but cant get more to join from our friends list we can still get a game going without splitting up    wait thats just common sense   goog sucking job at ruining my favorite game with your horriable sequal epic

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By crunchUK
    quag19 said:
    "how about we go back to making the shotgun free aim good like gears one   that actually took skill     or fix the fact that half of my sniper shots on an immobile enemy go through his head.  oh and why did we make the boomshot more powerful and even a cheaper weapon than the first?  And the number one mistake goes to dadada da yes removing unranked matches that people could join through matchmacking   so you know when we have 7 people in a private party but cant get more to join from our friends list we can still get a game going without splitting up    wait thats just common sense   goog sucking job at ruining my favorite game with your horriable sequal epic"

1) if the lancers aim suffers while blindfiring it's only fair (and balanced) that the shotgun should as well

2) for "skill" use hammerburst not shotgun, although you're porbably terrible with it and don't want to admit it takes skill

3) boomshot is a control weapon. It's in the middle of the map and you fight to get it to get an advantage. they just made it a more worthwhile prize, since 5 players on each team means that it would have less importance with only 2 rounds

4) toughen up. Although gears 2 ranked is pretty much the equivalent of halo 3 social (invis trueskill rank) bar guests of course

5) 7 people in a party....... thats plenty for a private game duh. I myself am partial to gears of war team doubles lol

6) adapt to gears 2.... In fact go and play the tutorial - "take cover or die" sounds like you just can't handle not being able to roadie run as you please

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By ez123

Multiplayer is now what it should have been from the beginning.  Better late than never Epic.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Kratos81

Fixed my ass, I just went trough 4 matches that I had to quit in a row for the lag. Not to mention, when after waiting and waiting to get in to a match, I always seem to be on a team thats a man short or way out ranked by the other team. This game fucking sucks. I love it when it works, but at this point I just dont have the patience to put up with this crap. Fuck epic, How long have they been making online games, long enough to know this shit dont fly, if you want people to play you game on a regular.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Afroman269

Fix the lag by removing host EPIC! Also how much you wanna bet that in a month those glitches will resurface in greater numbers. Gears 1 ring any bells?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By TheFreeMan

Maybe I'm wrong with this/am not remembering correctly, but has anyone else noticed that now your planted grenades will damage/affect you when they go off? I don't remember them doing that before the update.

I was in for quite a surprise when a enemy tripped off my smoke grenade, and I rolled down the stairs for about 10 seconds, to get shotgunned in the face.

H00NER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By H00NER

Fixes are all fine, but if there is no way to prioritize low latency in MP, then the game fails.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Media_Master

thats a lot of mistakes

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By jakob187

Oh.  So basically, they finally released the multiplayer portion of the game?  It's about time.

Slugger4203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Slugger4203
    Luberik said:
    "it's a pitty the game shipped as it was, but the updated come pretty quick so kudos to bungie."
    lol bungie? GG!
    lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By lemon360
    MasturbatingBear said:
    "Thank god they are fixing this. The game was almost unplayable."
    lol update 3 is out now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.