Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Critics Awards

Concept »

Since 1998, an independent group of about forty worldwide media outlets who determine the best games of the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

'Best of E3 2015' Game Critics Awards Announced

• 69 results
    AndyLonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@coolarman: Yupp, Uncharted, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Bloodborne, Forza, Gran Turismo, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank, God of War etc. They all come out on all platforms

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

How did No Man's Sky win anything for E3 2015? I don't mean it doesn't deserve awards, but I was under the impression that it was very deliberately not even being shown.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't basically everybody involved with it constantly saying "We're not showing anything from No Man's Sky at this year's E3"?

Didn't Brad say he (and possibly someone else) had an appointment to see more of the game after the conferences? I swear he talked about it on a podcast.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Corvak

@moonwalksa: They showed it to press, dont think it was on the floor. Guy from Hello mentioned doing appointments 10 hours a day for three days during the IGN footage of it. (which was filmed at E3)

Platform awards seem like an excuse to award more games, honestly. But i'm pretty cynical about most 'game awards' because it always ends up being a publicity stunt.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

Was fallout 4 demo (in person with a person behind the controls) or was it purely a video demo at this year's E3?

austin_walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did No Man's Sky win anything for E3 2015? I don't mean it doesn't deserve awards, but I was under the impression that it was very deliberately not even being shown.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't basically everybody involved with it constantly saying "We're not showing anything from No Man's Sky at this year's E3"?

Nah, it was absolutely shown to many publications behind closed doors, and was even playable. Brad and Danny talked about their experiences a few weeks ago on the Bombcast.

austin_walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zor: All of these games were 'playable' in the way that Jeff has explained on the podcast before. Even if the majority of the presentation was a live demo, judges have to confirm that that demo was running on a live build of the game by playing it themselves for some short amount of time.

kdhunter22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noli: Would it offend you if I said I played, and enjoyed, every Uncharted game?

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

@andylonn said:

@coolarman: Yupp, Uncharted, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Bloodborne, Forza, Gran Turismo, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank, God of War etc. They all come out on all platforms

I'm not saying there aren't exclusives. But giving Fallout 4 best pc game is weird considering that it is coming out on everything. If anything shouldn't xcom 2 get best pc game because that is the only pc exclusive I can think of. Also you might want to respond to people's comments in a less sarcastic way. Some people don't like being talked to like that.

UracilHokeNut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By UracilHokeNut
    poltergeist13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By poltergeist13

Naughty Dogitis is that an actually disease? Hooray for Fallout 4 & Rise of the Tomb Raider even though Uncharted beat it.

poltergeist13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@moonwalksa: game is getting too much publicity, for not showing much

illandhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@austin_walker's list is far more interesting and dare I say it charming than the official list. Keep up the great work. Thanks for not just slapping up the list and being satisfied with that as a news post. Your thoughts are appreciated.

AndyLonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolarman: Didn't mean to offend. It's just that everytime there is a list like this, someone points out what you did, and it doesn't really ring true. There are exclusive games, and there are games that will be substantially better on PC, like Fallout 4. So I can easily see how Fallout 4 gets to grab that award.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most unexpected game announcement:

- Shenmue 3

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

-The Last Guardian

Avatar image for deactivated-5d000a93730da
    deactivated-5d000a93730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Yeah, I still don't care about Fallout

MalekMouzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MalekMouzon

That was a great way to cover the Critics E3 Awards, Austin!! Can't wait for next year!

cr0pduster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about E3 awards have always rubbed me up the wrong way.

Awards for trailers for games that no one has played yet? Most well dressed dev or most decadent plastic swag seem just as legit and useful.

I mean, the division won best new franchise in 2013, and it was only this year that people (probably ubisoft included) really saw how it even plays. Not to mention Watchdogs getting best PC game in 2012.

I guess it's nice for the devs at crunch time, but a bit like the blind leading he blind for everyone else.

SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This post wins my "2015 Too Much Touching for Me to Feel Comfortable" award

wenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4 might be an epic Game! Nothing strange that this game win 3 awards. For me a big surprise was a Sniper Ghost warrior 3, sniper game with open world, with some new interesting solutions, we might be a bit surprised in 2016 .

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Touch is a great theme for a list of awards. Well done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.